UFO's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
"'It's the end of times': Dozens see UFO

January 15, 2008

STEPHENVILLE, Texas -- In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people -- including a pilot, county constable and business owners -- insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.
» Click to enlarge image
Standing near the area where he saw a large silent object in the sky, Ricky Sorrells talks about the sighting, Monday, in Dublin, Texas.
(AP)

''People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times,'' said Steve Allen, a freight company owner who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide.

''It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts.''

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane.

They also said the object's lights changed configuration. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture. ''It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy.''

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes.

AP
Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed."

Several dozen people -- including a pilot, county constable and business owners -- insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

''It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts.''

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane.

....he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture.

They also said the object's lights changed configuration. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Okay, most likely not an airplane as we understand one.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes.

Please....people aren't stupid cattle (mostly) and would have known if it was a pair of commercial airliners....like, when do UFO's have big stripes and say "American Airlines" on them?

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation

This, I'm quite sure of. What that explanantion is though...doubtful they'll tell us. More likely they'll lie about it like the good Major did. Understandable, especially if it's some top secret new craft out for a cruise...don't need that getting out just yet. The F117 freaked alot of folks out a while ago ya know....so did the B2...I know the first time I saw one of those...couldn't hear it approach and even as it "floated" over it was very quiet...quite an eerie bird.....very creepy...

I dunno...who knows what it was...I tend to lean more toward the "It's ours but secret" camp rather than the "aliens from another world" camp....even though it's more fun to think about aliens...

I remember my first Mason Jar of Boot Leg Erath Co. Shine.......
I saw all that same old darn stuff too.

I know! ! ! ! I read this story in the paper today! Crap! I am upset! You guys would not believe how upset I am! I have camera, binoculars, telephoto lenses and telescope ready!

I want to see a UFO ! ! ! I am jealous!

Interestingly enough, one of the final classes I had when going through the United States Army Helicopter School back during the Viet Nam era had to do with "unusual things".

We were told if we ever saw anything which we couldn't identify, report it to operations and then not mention it again.

???????

the K

The Blurry Out Of Focus Monster is out there too... Waiting...

Z...

The Blurry Out Of Focus Monster is out there too... Waiting...

Z...

Actually, this is one reason why I want to see a UFO. I am sick to death of all of these goofy, out-of-focus, photos and other poor quality crap that purports to show a UFO (or monster). "Look! See that blurry non-descript black spot! Right there! Right next to the grainy element in the photo! That's it! That's the UFO! See it?"

I am sick of this crap. I so want to take some quality photos; hopefully with some recognizable earthly object in the distance to give perspective and a reference object. Nice, clear photos. That's my objective. Some electro-optic PhD sleuth can declare that my "object" is a flying gopher after analysis. I don't care. I just want to know what the hell these things are -- if they even exist. 'Cause, I don't know. I can never find a clear photo that's not a photo of some blurry black Rorschak (sp?) spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom