UF Gator Football team set to repeat as National Champions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator 2009 Football Schedule

When | The Victim | Where | Current Rank | Outcome
Sat Sep 5|Charleston Southern|The Swamp!|NR (Big South)| WIN! 62-3
Sat Sep 12|Troy|The Swamp!|NR (Sunbelt)| WIN! 56-6
Sat Sep 19|Tennessee| The Swamp!|NR (SEC)| WIN! 23-10
Sat Sep 26|at Kentucky|Lexington, KY|NR (SEC)| WIN! 41-7
Sat Oct 10|at LSU|Baton Rouge, LA|4 (SEC)| WIN! 13-3
Sat Oct 17|Arkansas (HC)|The Swamp! |NR (SEC)| WIN! 23-20
Sat Oct 24|at Mississippi State|Starkville, MS|NR (SEC)|
Sat Oct 31|vs Georgia|Jacksonville, FL |NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 7| Vanderbilt|The Swamp!|NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 14|at South Carolina|Columbia, SC|22 (SEC)|
Sat Nov 21|Florida International|The Swamp!|NR (SunBelt)|
Sat Nov 28|Florida State|The Swamp!|NR (Atlantic Coast)|
Sat Dec 5|SEC West Champ|Ga Dome|2??? SEC Champ Game|

If by legitimate you mean home town, O.K. and like Sprockets used to say on Saturday Night Live, "Pet my monkey, go ahead pet him!!"

Thanks. But I'll just settle for the win! :D

Hey... the Hogs played above their game.
The Gators played below theirs. For 57 minutes the game was YOURs. We got three minutes somewhere in the middle and the last 17 seconds which meant yet another W for the year. maybe next year, you'll win. Maybe not. It sure was exciting!

Wow!! SEC suspending an entire officiating crew for 3 weeks and an official making a public apology on ESPN for poor play calls. Guess America saw the cheat was on. Tainted win!!!!

Interesting twist. This was done for the same mistake over a few games. It appears that there was only ONE CALL during this game and a few by the officiating team since the beginning of the season:

article:
"While only a few calls have been identified, the entire crew shoulders responsibility for each play," Slive said. "I have taken this action because there must be accountability in our officiating program."

The same call was made in the LSU/UGa game a few weeks earlier. It certainly does not reflect negatively on Gator sportsmanship. Of course, the coach and the AD decided to go the class route and have "moved on" to concentrate on Ol Miss. Good for them!

The Whole Story

The unsportsmanlike call against Arkansas was a bogus call. But it really did not affect the outcome of the game. Florida just barely pulled this one out and I give big Kudos to the Razorbacks. I am a Gator and was pretty concerned that they could have lost this game. Now it's time for the Ol' Miss game. The Arkansas game is done.

That was the SAME team of refs during the LSU Vs Ga game. I think the emphasis on calling for taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct has gotten out of hand. It was like last year when Tebow got it for responding to a taunt with two minimal Gator chomps. Those things add to the game. Excessive celebrations and the like can detract, but they are squeezing the fun out of the sport when they do these!

the SEC ref's have gotten really lame this year.

the SEC and NCAA even blasted the refs after a really bad call against Georgia several weeks ago.

Ha, Pete... wait til those Gators of yours have to play Harvard's Johns (aka Crimson).

Back
Top Bottom