UCLA 13, USC 9 Life is Great!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan:
A school that can't win its conference shouldn't be in the national championship.

So then you advocate a policy that prohibits two teams from the same conference from playing in the title game even if they are the two best teams in the country?

When Ohio St runs roughshod over Florida in January the full magnitude of the mistake will be known.

Glad my Bruins could be of service in screwing up the BCS for yet another year. How sweet would an 8 team playoff be.

1st Rd.
Fiesta - Ohio St.(1) vs Boise St.(8)
Rose - Michigan (3) vs Louisville (6)
Orange - Florida (2) vs Wisconsin (7)
Sugar - LSU (4) vs USC (5) - Grudge match from 2003

2nd Rd (potential)
Ohio St.(1) vs Michigan(3) - Rematch
Florida(2) vs USC (5) - I'd like to see that game

National Championship Game ???

I mean what are we talking here...2 teams playing 2 more games & 2 teams playing 1 more game than usual. 3 measly games total! Settle it on the field and scrap pre-season & coaches polls I say! The whole polling system sucks, but I don't see how you can completely get rid of it. Revamp the Harris and publish it every week maybe, suck back in the AP poll. And quit blaming the darn computer all it does is crunch numbers based upon factors determined by humans, it doesn't play favorites.

-Garrett

Very good concept, Garrett, and very similar to one that I have submitted (among others) to the NCAA already. The biggest difference is that mine incorporates the bowls with their traditional matchups as the first round contests. This is how this year's tournament would look:

Dec. 30, 2006
ORANGE: ACC champion vs. either Big East champion or At-Large*--11am ET
#14 Wake Forest (11-2) vs. #6 Louisville (11-1)
SUGAR: SEC champion vs. either At-Large* or the Big East champion--2pm ET
#2 Florida (12-1) vs. #3 Michigan (11-1)
ROSE: Big 10 champion vs. Pac 10 champion--5pm ET
#1 Ohio State (12-0) vs. #5 USC (10-2)
FIESTA: Big 12 champion vs. At-Large*--8pm ET
#10 Oklahoma (11-2) vs. #4 LSU (10-2)
* -- two teams from the same conference CANNOT play in a first round game

The four first round winners advance to the semifinals, to be played on the first Saturday in January. The four teams that advance will be seeded according to their final ranking in the BCS, with the top seed playing the lowest seed, and the second and third seeds clashing. The two semifinals will be played in one of the four bowl stadiums from the first round (on a rotational basis each year). One semifinal will be played in the afternoon and the other in prime time.

Jan. 6, 2007
Semifinal No. 1 (at New Orleans)
Highest remaining BCS team vs. Lowest remaining BCS team
Semifinal No. 2 (at Miami)
2nd highest remaining BCS team vs. 3rd highest remaining BCS team

Jan. 13, 2007
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (at Glendale, AZ)
Two semifinal winners

By the way, the other bowl games carry on business as usual with their current matchups. Under this system, the playoffs and bowl games co-exist in a happy medium.

P.S. -- When I sent this to the NCAA three years ago, the people there said they liked it and recommended I send it to the presidents and athletic directors of ALL 118 member institutions... :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom