Uber Approved in Quintana Roo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, that explains it then. I'll just wait and take my chances. The two times before I reserved in advance tho were cheap.

Up until pickup time, I think.

I was just reasoning it out not stating it as certain fact.

I know about canceling a normal ride - there may be a fee based on various factors - but wondered how it compared to a scheduled ride.

You do not have a confirmed ride until you're texted that so-and-so is on their way. You may cancel without penalty at any time prior to that confirmation message.

So I guess I see little purpose in scheduling a ride since it sounds like uber is simply scheduling your request and then fulfilling it like any other ride. Nothing is actually reserved.

It'd be to their advantage to book in advance. They could even offer discounts.
I cannot speak to their marketing strategy; I can only say that I saw the same thing with Lyft.

So I guess I see little purpose in scheduling a ride since it sounds like uber is simply scheduling your request and then fulfilling it like any other ride. Nothing is actually reserved.
Yes.
We learned the hard way. I scheduled a ride 18 hours in advance and went outside to wait. Saw the map with several cars in the area. "Bet that one is ours". Nope. "That one must be ours". Nope. "That one must be headed our way". Nope.
We waited until we got nervous as a of couple cats. Fortunately, there was a neighbor home and available.
I canceled the ride and fired Uber.
Lyft since, without a hitch.

Yes.
We learned the hard way. I scheduled a ride 18 hours in advance and went outside to wait. Saw the map with several cars in the area. "Bet that one is ours". Nope. "That one must be ours". Nope. "That one must be headed our way". Nope.
We waited until we got nervous as a of couple cats. Fortunately, there was a neighbor home and available.
I canceled the ride and fired Uber.
Lyft since, without a hitch.
I fired Yellow Cab for the same reason. We needed a 4:30AM ride to the airport for a trip to Cozumel. "Scheduled" it the day before but they never showed. Their app kept telling me that they would be here in 10-15 minutes. At the VERY last minute we threw everything into the minivan, drove like a bat out of hell to the airport, and parked in airport parking for the duration of the trip, which cost me US$200. Damn near missed the flight. Extremely stressed. Yelling at each other. Not a good way to start a vacation.

This came out today in the news. It is my translation from Spanish to English:

Uber cannot operate in Quintana Roo until the Ley de Movilidad (Mobility Law) is updated and if they do they will be subject to a sanction, warned Rodrigo Alcázar Urrutia, director of the Mobility Institute of Quintana Roo (Imoveqroo).

"They can't operate, right now. They're still illegal; they are outside the regulatory framework," he said, adding that if they are caught working they will be sanctioned.

The state official said that the ruling issued yesterday by the federal court in favor of Uber only indicated that Uber does not offer a public service; however, it still must be regulated. It just must be regulated as a private service and not a public service.

“The federal ruling never said Uber should not be regulated by the state; in fact, the magistrates repeatedly have said that they should be regulated by state authority," the state official said.

He clarified that now it is time for the 27th Circuit Tribunal Court (of Quintana Roo) to notify the State Executive branch and the State Congress, so that the modifications to the law can be made, in addition to changes to the mobility regulations, so that they can process the permits for digital transport platforms, according to whatever requirements they establish.

He added that as long as these legal procedures are not undertaken by the State Government and the State Congress, Uber and other similar platforms cannot operate in Quintana Roo, as they would be subject to an administrative sanction (a fine).

I SAY, WHAT THIS MEANS IS: More protests by the taxi unions to try to pressure the governor and congress to try to get them to postpone making any new rules and regulations that would allow permits to be issued, thereby blocking Uber from operating.

Yep

I am confident the new state rules and regulations will occur in a speedy and transparent manner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom