UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive on Ruby Reef today with Barracuda. Usual buddy busy so it was a solo dive. About 4m vis and 23C, nothing special apart from a massive cowtail ray that allowed me to get close enough for one shot before it took off.

full.jpg

A few crocodile fish around too

full.jpg

Inch 10 had around 1m vis, but quite a few nudis around the stern. However none of them were behaving for me and refused to come out of the sponge they were munching on.

Did something I haven't done in a very very long time yesterday. Drove to alaqah and back to Abu Dhabi after two dives. Apparently dive centers were prepared to call off diving today - due to wind/waves.
With the advent of cruise control and podcasts, the two hour and fifteen minute commute is ok.
I intend to return tomorrow and pursuit a self reliant diver course.

We dived Martini Wall and somewhere just off Sharq Island.

We saw a humongous slipper lobster. About 40 cm and 30 cm long and wide. And its molt a few meters away.

and then this miniscule crustacean:

P3120369.jpg

I'm over in Fujairah on a long weekend.

We did Gunther's Wrecks and Sharm Rocks yesterday, then Kalba Deep and Inchcape 10 today.

Some Barsteward cut the mooring on Inch 10, it was fine yesterday as BDC had a boat on it yesterday.

Very strong current on Gunther's Wrecks and our search for the frogfish stopped a week or so back failed. :(

Vis on Sharm Rocks was 2-3m, but as @Corrupted_Diver says, better than no dive.

This morning the wind was getting up but we headed south to Kalba anyway and had a very pleasant dive on Kalb Deep aka Paradise Reef. Yesterday they had counted 15 seahorses :eek:

I found one within a few mins of sorting myself out and just photographed that one

FUJ_6780Csig-M.jpg

We had a choppy ride back to Fujairah and to our dismay found BDC searching for Inchcape 10 as the mooring had been cut off.

We located it fairly quickly and dropped a shot. Two divers went down and sent up an SMB once on the wreck and we were good.

Only found one nudi, but that is better than none :)

Hypselodoris dolfusi

FUJ_6809Csig-L.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to dive Car Cemetery 2.

I have been informed that Car Cemetery 1 is now our of bounds as some Sheikha has a villa on the coast opposite this site and she doesn't want boats spooning her view! :mad:

I have been informed that Car Cemetery 1 is now our of bounds as some Sheikha has a villa on the coast opposite this site and she doesn't want boats spooning her view!

Oh brother... This reminds me of Qaddafi and his sons and wife. Exactly the same.

CG cancelled all boats going out today so my plans went off with the wind. :(

We dived at alaqah today.
Dibba rock.
Visibility was poor.
Skipped second dive because of self reliant diver course.
Then dived at three rocks.

Have a love/loathe relationship with three rocks. It's boring but also has sightings.
Three turtles.
Cuttlefish.
Pipe fish.

Back
Top Bottom