UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last two dives of the year bringing my total to 72 for the year, all of them in UAE for once.

We were not disappointed either with great vis 10m+ on Gunther's Wrecks and Car Cemetery 1, 23C temp and a ripping current on the first dive.

Four seahorses spotted on Gunther's Wrecks, and all very active moving around. We were only six of us on the boat (BDC3) and had the dive site all to ourselves.

FUJ_6460MCsig-L.jpg

Second site was teeming with nudis, really happy to see at least eight species in the space of one of the larger truck wrecks. Lots of weed growing in the area with plenty of Diaphorodoris sp. and Goniodoridella savignyi.

Peering through the weed we began to find lots of Facelina sp No 5

FUJ_6557MCsig-M.jpg

Then an amazing find ..... drum roll .... never seen before here in the UAE (that I know of) ..... a Phestilla sp. laying eggs and still to be fully identified :D

FUJ_6569Csig-M.jpg

Great day out and two great dives to end such a sh!tty year.

Update on the new nudi, it's a newly described one too, Phestilla goniophaga :D

My last dive was on the 31st December.

I've had some family matters to deal with last month but I do plan to dive this coming Friday with my daughter at Sandy Beach.

Well first dive of the year (Gregorian and Chinese :D ).

Fog for at least 90 minutes of the two hour drive to the east coast. Usual nutters driving without lights and passing us in what must have been 20m visibility. Very surprised not to come across a pile up to be honest.

Did a shore dive from Sandy Beach with my daughter. Fortunately it was high tide so we got a good 6m depth for most of the dive.

Found a nice shrimp in a carpet anemone, but couldn't get a decent shot of it with my TG5 as my strobe arms were too short to light it up properly as the carpet anemone was partially closed.

However I did find a strange coloured triplefin that I've never seen before.

full.jpg

Lots of butterfly rays buried in the sand around Snoopy Rock and a few cuttlefish around

Water temp was 23C, nice relaxed dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom