U-Boats in the Gulf of Mexico Near Tampa Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good. I'll call Red,Wet & Blue, who I've heard great things about, and find out what the normal dive season, costs, etc., are. I've heard that it's a long boat ride out, but that its worth it.

-Grier

NC? Submarine? October?

I have a diving friend that just moved to NC, and he has basically told me that I'm coming up to visit. October sounds nice :D

Neat dive. I'm actually wearing my "Dive U-352" t-shirt today at the office. Its about a two hour run from Morehead to the wreck.

Thanks to eveyone that has "weighed in" on my original question about a possible U-Boat off of Tampa Bay. I've enjoyed reading them all.
I'll be diving on U-352 next month. The, later in the summer I have another trip planned for U-701 and 85. (I'll get to the one indeeper waters off of the Key's eventually.) Also, heard about an old scuttled W.W. I U-boat found recently off of Long Beach, CA. These old subs just keep showing up. According to U-Boat.net, at least four U-Boats were found last year (2003). We have an old friend of the family who said that he did find a U-Boat off of Tampa Bay back in the 1960's while "sledding" underwater. He did not find it again, but I trust his claim. I'm going to start looking for it myself soon as I have a compass heading and depth. I might find it, I might not, but I'll have fun looking.... Anybody up to join in?

Gene:
We have an old friend of the family who said that he did find a U-Boat off of Tampa Bay back in the 1960's while "sledding" underwater.

60's huh?! :dazzler1:

Nahh... just kidding. Hopefully he's right. Good luck dude.

I'd be up to searching for any if there are possibilities. Hey, lets face it, its diving!! And we all know even a bad day of diving beats a good day, no, make that a week, at the office!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom