Tx50 ... Atx50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I can't tell the difference between most regs. The only reg that I've ever thought was any different from any other is my Mk25/S600...it literally spits air at you...no inhalation effort at all. Bubble interference is something I've never noticed or paid attention to.

Based on the majority opinion, I guess my quirk with bubble interference belongs in the "what irks you" thread under whine and cheese. :)

TheDivingPreacher:
Based on the majority opinion, I guess my quirk with bubble interference belongs in the "what irks you" thread under whine and cheese. :)

Naw, I have the same irritation as you with bubble interference. I prefer the TX range, only because of that. Might be the shape of my face or something, but I do get more bubbles interference with the ATX.

Phil

I've owned both seconds. Currently I'm using the ATX50 and ATX40 seconds. I prefer the ATX's. The lower profile gives me a little less jaw fatique and the mentioned extra bubble interference isn't an issue for me at all.

The bubble interference issue also depends on the mask you wear imho.
Some bigger masks divert bubbles better than smaller ones. With my (small) sporasub mask the diference between tx and atx is between sporadic bubbles and whirlpool......
I prefer the smaller atx as a backup.
Some complain about the TX´s bigger exhaust tee pinching the lower lip.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom