Tx50 ... Atx50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
I haven't used the ATX50, but the exhaust tee is significantly narrower. I could see how, in a face forward position, the bubbles from the ATX50 would pass in front of your eyes. This doesn't happen with the TX50.

That has not happened to me in the last 100 dives breathing an ATX50

Reinoud:
That has not happened to me in the last 100 dives breathing an ATX50

I have to agree! I dive with the ATX-50 and don't have any problems with bubble interference. Never dove with the TX, which would seem to create "less" problem due to design differences, however I choose the ATX due to weight concerns have have been satified with my choice.

CRDiver:
The ATX is the "Advanced" TX model which came out a couple years ago. There's just alot of TX's still floating around. I know you can purchase TX's still in Europe (simplyscuba.com), but I don't think they're available from US distributors.

Can get the Tx at www.diverswarehouse.co.uk also (and if you ship to the US you don't pay the extortionate English VAT tax at 17.5% -- but you may have to pay a 1% fee t US customs). Shipping can be a bit pricey from there though.

Also, they ship by default the DST first stage rather than DS4 so if you want the DS4 you have to email them or phone and have the order modified.

nick

As just mentioned, the "default configuration" of the ATX50 has the DST 1st stage, as compared to the DS4 of the TX50.
In the US an ATX50 with the DS4 will be a "non-stock" item, & will need to be assembled from off the parts list, adding about $50 to the price.
I sell TX50s at about a 10 - 1 ratio to the ATX50, price probably making a major contribution to that.

Bob3:
As just mentioned, the "default configuration" of the ATX50 has the DST 1st stage, as compared to the DS4 of the TX50.
In the US an ATX50 with the DS4 will be a "non-stock" item, & will need to be assembled from off the parts list, adding about $50 to the price.
I sell TX50s at about a 10 - 1 ratio to the ATX50, price probably making a major contribution to that.

Actually, Diver's warehouse shipped a DST with the regular Tx50 (not ATX) (and for my friend who ordered a Tx40 also). Also, on their website (as far as I could tell), there's no easy way to get a DS4 instead (except maybe selecting it all separately). But if you email them then they will swap in the DS4 instead.

nick

www.diveinn.com sells the ATX50 with the DST or the DS4 first stage. They sell it $3.00 cheaper with the DS4 first stage.

Jason

Jason B:
What kind of difference does the exhaust port make? I can't see where this would be an issue. Can you explain for those of us that can't see this.
Thanks,
Jason

Jonnythan hit the nail on the head. As long as you are moving forward it is not an issue. But I am a gawker. When I see a big fish. I stop and enjoy it. The TX has far less bubble interference. I never noticed the weight diff at all.

TheDivingPreacher:
Jonnythan hit the nail on the head. As long as you are moving forward it is not an issue. But I am a gawker. When I see a big fish. I stop and enjoy it. The TX has far less bubble interference. I never noticed the weight diff at all.
I don't get it... if you are horizontal, even looking forward hard won't put your eyes above your exhaust tee...

TheDivingPreacher:

I own ATX200, ATX50, and TX50 second stages ... I don't notice any more or less bubble interference with the ATX regs than I do with the TX regs. And I tend to hover a lot.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I admit I am picky, but I can't understand how so many people can't tell the difference. Seems like day and night to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom