Two on a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ari,

I have to disagree. If my buddy doesn't have a computer, my computer becomes a depth gauge/bottom timer and we are both diving tables. It's the only safe approach.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
We have on many occassions and as long as the computer was on the deepest diver it didn't seem to be a problem...
I agree Uncle I have dived many times with someone who does not own a computer and we table the dive and have the non D/C diver shallower than the D/C diver. 4 this type of diving the tables are the main plan with the D/C as a back up

We have on many occasions and as long as the computer was on the deepest diver it didn't seem to be a problem...
That was actually on many occasions in the past... we don't do that anymore.... and this last little episode where I forgot my Stinger needs explaining too. We were diving at a very familiar site and I know the depth at each location there... I didn't need a depth gauge for that since the bottom was already *marked* in my mind for depth.... as was the slope leading back up to the point of entry. Time is another thing... but I can usually get very close by looking at my SPG... I was two minutes of by the end of the dive.

I do not recommend that you practice two divers to one computer... not do I recommend that you dive without each diver having a timing device and a depth gauge.

Walter once bubbled...
Scuba446,

It is possible for me to have the exact same profile as my buddy only if I concentrate on that to the exclusion of all other goals. That means I won't be taking pictures, I won't be sight seeing, I won't do anything except concentrate on my buddy's every move. I will never be more than a few inches away at any time.

You could use rope to lash yourself to your buddy's body and arms and legs so you move as one unit.:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom