Two months in Cozumel February-March 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
WOW, I have a tremendous opportunity to live in Cozumel for a couple of months next winter! I've been there before, once for a long weekend with my dive club about 30 years ago, then again on a cruise a couple of years ago. This means that I am no expert on Cozumel diving and Cozumel life. I don't have any specific questions at this time, but I'd love any tips on any aspect of living and diving there. I'll be staying with a friend who lives there full-time. I'm flying rather than driving, but my friend there has a truck. Also I'll be bringing my small dog with me; my friend moved there from Texas with her dogs.

I'll be leaving my motorhome that I live in full-time in storage somewhere between Tucson and Phoenix for the duration. I have several friends in both of those cities who can take me to the airport. It's a bit too soon to search flights, but is there a better airport to fly from, TUS or PHX? A preferred airline? Specific days of the week that are better (cheaper lol)?

Any other advice is welcome. Can't wait!

You won't regret it - we lived there for six months and I miss it. I'm sure your friend will have a ton of advice, but definitely get off the main drag for good. Try Chilango's. And a crunchy dog from Nando's.

If you like sweets I highly recommend the cinnamon rolls from El Coffee down by the water (near Pizza Hut)

Also check out the Cozumel 4 You Facebook group. It's everything Cozumel with a great cross section of full time expats and locals as members and active participants. You'll find a wealth of information there

The best source of general information I know of is the Cozumel Survival Manual by El Graduado.
Cozumel Survival Manual 2017: Ric Hajovsky: 9781541391161: Amazon.com: Books
If I decide to move there, I'll check it out. This time, I'm just going to be a tourist for two months. I've lived in a couple of other third world countries and may move to another after I'm done touring the USA in a few years.

Also check out the Cozumel 4 You Facebook group. It's everything Cozumel with a great cross section of full time expats and locals as members and active participants. You'll find a wealth of information there
Thanks for the reminder, I'm a member there but have my notifications set to "friends only" and the only friend on that board is my future hostess. :) I'll re-set them.

I'll simply say 2 words! I'm JEALOUS!

Keep Living' the dream! and go with the flow.....

Back
Top Bottom