Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roatan Man, OK I read it but what do WE (i.e the Board) think? Is somebody inferring that these guys really got stranded on purpose. I find that hard to believe. Explain it to me please. I've lost something here..........thanks for the post.

No one can say for sure that they did it on purpose...My personal opinion FWIW...is that they did.

It's all a bit too strange for me...The extra exposure protection, the bottled water, the shark repellent, bet they even had some sort of snack too! Sounds like someone knew that they weren't coming back in an hour. But what bothers me most is that they IMMEDIATELY had an agent and were attempting to sell the story. I just don't think that is normal...but that is just my opinion

OK, but who would do something like that? They would have to be conspiring with the Rescue Team that found them and have a radio beacon . Even so it's just too far fetched. Total Risk against a slim chance of some kind of notoriety and perhaps cash? I'm sorry but I'm still not buying it. It may not have anything to do with it but I jump out of airplanes for fun. Huge risks but mammoth safety procedures. Here the risks far outweigh any other consideration. Maybe I'm dumb?

OK, but who would do something like that?

People do crazy **** for money all the time...they aren't NORMAL! I wouldn't do it, you wouldn't do it, but don't be naive to think that there aren't nutjobs out there that will.

Has only been a month maybe since they recovered those 6 or 8 divers off Taiwan...It's more likely than not that you will be recovered, I think they took that chance and it paid off quite nicely for them.

OK, well then they should be examined by a shrink and if that's the case, locked up in an asylum. It still beats me. Floating and drifting away on the surface 19 hours? Shark bait? By the way those shark repellent things have fairly mixed press. Wouldn't risk life or limb on one of those. FREAKY!

Maybe I'm dumb?
no, but I'd say naive. I don't know for certain but based on what I've read, this does smell fishy to me too. I'll wait before locking in my decision, but if I were a betting man.... I'd put my money on following the money.

I don't know one way or the other, but man, my hair looks like crap after a 45 minute dive....how does hers look so great after 19 hours, and makeup still in place? I don't even wear makeup when I dive!

He is a master scuba diver and she is a dive master; they were probably better qualified than the instructors on the boat.
Whoa, is that right? I understood that they were both Instructors of some sort. Maybe that's wrong.
Here: Shark Shield .....Say, Don.... got any pictures of one of them?

How long until Caribbean Hurricane season?
Huh, Who, What...?

Interesting article R-Man. I thot the part about not using his sausage until dark was a mistake, but they wore more neoprene than I wore in Puget Sound?! :confused:

I thot you people who suspected a hoax were silly, but now I'm certainly wondering. Now if we could find the boat and skipper who picked them up after dark and dropped them back before sunrise. :rofl3: I know that some people do crazy things for attention and money, but there's still not enough to get me to drift thru the night. Maybe for them, tho? :silly:

no, but I'd say naive. I don't know for certain but based on what I've read, this does smell fishy to me too.
Well if naive means that I am a mentally balanced individual, I'll take it as a compliment. As far as smelling fishy, sure, they were 19 hours doing a human float test! If what you are saying is true, these guys had a bonafide brain fart. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom