Two divers dead and one hospitalized in Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ameneon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Translated summarize of the article at http://www.dykking.no/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4492&Itemid=104 .

One man and two woman at 33, 35 and 36 years old from Poland on vacation in Norway had a diving accident yesterday, 2.May, at Jossingfjorden. It ended up in two deaths and one being hospitalized. When the emergency helicopter came after being allerted by a bystander they found two people on the shore. One dead man and one woman in need of "live saving threatment". A search was started, and they found the third diver at the bottom after two hours.

The circumstances is not clear yet. Apparently two started from land, and the third one started from a boat and was found further inside the fjord. Nothing about what happened and how the two got on land is clear. The police is still investigating and their equipment is brought in for rutine control.

It would be nice to get some more information. This is a HORRIBLE outcome; if there is anything to learn from the events, it would be good to hear it.

According to the newspapers there is sometimes strong currents where the third diver dived by boat, while the two others dived on an easier spot without currents. Hopefully whoever was in the boat or the recovering diver can shed some light on what happened with her. The two others I am afraid we will never learn exactly what happened to, even if the autopsy will probably give some information.

Since this is two "separate" accidents gas comes to mind. But I would think the investigation should be able to confirm or deny this since all equipment and the filling station is being checked. Purely speculation, but what is more likely in my opinion is "holliday divers" going further than their experience level should dictate. This is the third time since 2002 Polish divers have died at this place. This is alot considering this is a very small place without alot of diving. The little tourism mainly consists of renting out boats and vacation apartments by the sea to people from Russia, Germany etc who are there to fish.

I think navigator help you can find because they directly connected form satellite they show with indications generally used this method army and air force

I think navigator help you can find because they directly connected form satellite they show with indications generally used this method army and air force

:confused: cannot quite follow you

No cause established as yet but they were diving with a rebreather

No that's another accident... You are talking about the accident May 8th were one man died in Bergen, Norway. This thread is about the accident on May 3rd in Jossingfjorden. They used normal air filled from a local compressor owned by the fishing resort.

Back
Top Bottom