Two Different Working Pressures on NEW Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laughintom

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought a new manifold at my LDS and upon closer inspection discovered that one valve is rated 3442psi and the other 3000psi. Is this a regular occurance or did someone drop the ball here?

You probably just need one of the burst disks changed to match the type of tanks you are using. If they are Thermo valves, the little sticker is just changed to match the burst disk, the valves are basicly the same.

I recently bought a new manifold at my LDS and upon closer inspection discovered that one valve is rated 3442psi and the other 3000psi. Is this a regular occurance or did someone drop the ball here?
Is this printed on the valve body or burst disk "bolt"?

DIN or yoke? If DIN, are the two the female DINs the same depth?

At the very minimum this will tell you that despite all your LDS' talk about "life support equipment" and the dangers of buying on the internet, they didn't even look at the manifold when it came in, which makes them worthless.

Roak

I have to agree with roakey. The premium you paid at this dive shop could have been invested somewhere else. Too sad!

These are din and both of the same depth. This info is on the valve body.

This info is on the valve body.
Take the manifold back and tell them to make it right. Your LDS or (more likely) their supplier cobbled it together from leftover parts. If you paid for a new manifold, you should get one.

Roak

If it is on a sticker on the valve body, that comes in the Thermo burst disc kit and is still an easy fix to replace. Parts are parts and if you end up with the right parts, what is the difference? There is no need to send it back to the factory if the dealer can fix it.

Just make sure they put the burst disk in with a proper torque wrench!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom