Twin Tanks set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be careful what manifold you plan to use, neither of mine on both of my sets of doubles, will accommodate a yolk regulator as there is no indentation on the back of the post, as they are designed for HP tanks, plus while an insert will fit it goes deep and will not allow a yolk regulator to seat properly.

Closing in on 1000 dives with yoke valves and yet to see a problem. The only real failure I have seen is with a din that fell off a wall and sheared the stem (youch!).

Sure you wouldn't want them in a tech setting but if you are starting out rec only just use them and switch as you get money. Ask questions, get a mentor or take a intro course and read a lot while you learn and avoid situations where you actually need that much gas (deco). With more gas comes the potential for more commitment (depth/time) that you may not be prepared to deal with. Also, if you switch to a longhose configuration, become familiar with the ways you can trap hoses.

I generally change one thing only while learning to avoid task loading. So you may go: just diving doubles isolated, learning trim and bouyancy, learning to isolate, learning valve drills, learning longhose... not all at once on the first dive.

One way to do doubles
Snapshot313-07-201211-51PM.png

another way
Picture2010-9.jpg

and another
Picture2001-3.jpg
Picture2001-4.jpg

...and that other way everyone talks about :)

The conshelf reg is one of the best ever made, but it is not a good choice for a DIN conversion. The kit is expensive and the finished product is very long; the DIN adapter just sticks off the yoke mating surface. If I was you I would dive the conshelfs as yoke with the insert, just make sure you get a 200 bar manifold as the 300 bar will not accommodate a yoke valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom