Twin Set Considerations/ Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ya but what if i need twin 80s or 100s. Just saying i stumbled upon some hardware and i'm interested
What do you have? The tanks, manifold, and bands have to be matched for one another

So where can I buy one? Exclusive military stuff does not count, I can't buy their O2 rebreathers either.

Well Marine Diver (WMD). Also, doesn't XS Scuba have one. Stupid price IIRC...

As @rjack321 says.

The manifold needs to match the valves, and they relate to the bands. Otherwise the whole system is under strain, or won't screw together.

The cylinders need to be the same size, not just volume, but heights, diameters, cylinder threads, etc.

It is often cheaper to start from scratch, or pick up a second hand set.

Yes, I own an OMS (Faber) LP 126. It's a very long tank and has an 8" OD.

I also own a pair of OMS (Faber) LP 46's and the hardware (including a two-outlet OMS manifold) to dive them as doubles. The little doubles balance much nicer (for me) than the 126. They are a bit short for me, though. Probably, LP 50's would work better. And, with a custom single-outlet, solid bar manifold, they (the 46's or the 50's) would probably make excellent doubles to use with my DA Aqua Master that's been improved by Vintage Double Hose.

rx7diver
Yes that would be exactly what i'd want. Not so sure if my bc can handle single 130 but it can easily adapt for twinset. But the recurring problem is where to find a manifold

That is a double outlet manifold though. Lp45s, even overfilled are smaller than a hp130. So you plug one outlet with a DIN plug and put your single regulator on the other and end up with wonky hose routing, less gas, more failure points, and no redundancy. You might as well dive a single 130 or use a single 80 backmount and sling a second tank as a bottom stage.

Unless you have a vintage double hose regulator and are going that route, what does a single outlet manifold accomplish - basically nothing.
Ya then maybe a single is better, what's the biggest single you've seen? I know i can get a single 130 faber for like $400, but you know sometimes bigger is better.

Back
Top Bottom