Twin Quarries or Natural Springs water temps? (5/10-5/11)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer... No one home on this board?

Well, I'll be at Natural Springs on Tues - Thurs, June 1-3.

PM me if you want to dive. Prefer eve on Tues or afternoon or eve Wed.

c.

umm... I think you have your days off? I will be at NS May 31-June 1 which is this Saturday and Sunday. See my other thread in the GLWC section

Rob

You're right - it's June 3-5, sorry. :) But it's still Tues - Thurs.

No luck in finding anyone during the week? Any luck on air fills or should I get it before I arrive? I've sent an email and left a voice mail at NS, so any advice welcome.

My tank is empty in Kansas right now. :) I'm sure there are dive shopes between KS and OH. :) Any off I-70 east of Indianapolis or southside Indy?

Where's your other thread? I don't see it. Name of thread?

Thx. c.

they have airfills available on site. don't know about nitrox. Also, I don't know if they have tank rental available. Your daily admission includes your first air fill as well.

I cant say much for the LDS's between Ns and Indy since I am to the east coming from dayton. If you will be over this direction I can direct you to someplace for gear :)

Rob

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the dive shop is also run by folks in the campground and if there's always someone available to fill tanks.

c.

Call them to find out about fills during the week. They have a guy they can call who lives nearby and he can come fill tanks BUT he has a regular job and may not be available. My best guess is air fills will not be available during the week.
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi Cindy- where are you going to be that you'll be diving at Natural Springs. The reason I ask is because you'll probably have better luck during the week if you go to Blue Springs (s.e. of Indianapolis) or Gilboa (w of Findlay, OH) during the week. It's still a good idea to try to hook up with a dive buddy on this board (especially for week day diving), but you'll find more people who want to dive those sites- that's my take.

Thanks to both of you!

Yes, I did just get a call from NS and they said the dive shack is only open on weekends. That's what I thought last time I went through there without my gear.

Oh, well. It was worth a shot. I'm staying at the campground. We're traveling from AZ to MD, so it's on the way and we really enjoyed swimming in the hole last summer, so I was hoping to dive it, but my husband and son don't dive, so I may just snorkle it. :) My boy will be in the water no matter what the temp, so at least I'll have a wetsuit to be with him. :)

What are the temps now - surface and depth?

I dove Lake Pleasant here in AZ two weeks ago and temps were about 65 down to 40 feet or so and air temp was in the 90s when we did a night dive. :)

I'm sure OH is a bit more chilly, so maybe it's just as well that I don't dive this time! Brr... Maybe I can schedule our trip back to fall on a weekend there and that'll be in July sometime which was when we stopped there last year.

c.

according to my instructor who will be there this weekend, surface should be mid 60's... didn't ask about the temp at depth. No nitrox fills on site...just an FYI

Haven't been there yet, but that temp is about right for this time of year. The thermocline is at the top of the trench and look for about a 10-15 degree drop. Follow the ropes out to the third platform (hangs over the trench), and the thermocline is usually about 3 inches above the surface of the platform, or about 3 inches below. Either way it's a cheap thrill!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom