Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leiserom:
Read in another place that TL is closed for construction. Their web site says closed

Yep, they are closed.

Regards,

I'm looking for a dive site around Houston for the first weekend in December, and this one sounds a lot nicer than Huntville's Blue Lagoon. Anyone know when they'll reopen - or other suggestions? :14:

Don,

I'll be in Coz that weekend. With all I've seen going on at Twin Lakes, it would not seem that they'll be open by then.. Blue Lagoon will probably be your best bet.

Regards,

I was at TL last Wednesday, told them I'd be back on Thursday, and they shut down the place anyway. I thought that was right nice of them.

Bicster:
I was at TL last Wednesday, told them I'd be back on Thursday, and they shut down the place anyway. I thought that was right nice of them.
Uh, hint, hint...? :D

Skyjunky:
So are they closed for good?
It's my understanding that they are closed only while they install improvements. :14:

Bicster:
They are closed for the "season"
:confused: Huh...?

I just called the park at 281-914-3482 and spoke with Mike - the owner. He said that their insurance carrier insisted that they close to eliminate the liability of visitors being injured, but that he hopes to reopen in a couple of weeks. I asked about the first weekend of December and he seemed very optimistic, so I'm gonna plan on some dives there, then.

He also said the email address on the web site is not current, to use MAPP5357@aol.com. I told him I'd send him a link to this thread and invite him to join SB and post here himself....

Back
Top Bottom