Twin Lakes/Thanksgiving weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beast has to work Sat. and maybe Sun. so since he has tomorrow off, we're going to the lake so Beast can play in his drysuit.

As much as I would like to join in, I am thiniking 68 may be a little on the chilly side for me and my 2/3 mm wet suit. I guess I may be forced into waiting till spring to start up again.

tuttt:
Cudabait,

I am <20 min away. I can come out saturday. Let me know what time works for you. round noon?
Teresa

I'll send a PM

Regards,

eeg0323:
As much as I would like to join in, I am thiniking 68 may be a little on the chilly side for me and my 2/3 mm wet suit. I guess I may be forced into waiting till spring to start up again.

I thinks it's about time we start thinking about non-diving activities for the winter! Maybe an afternoon cookout when the weather is cool enough for a bonfire yet sunny. Or even a get together at one of the local restaurants occasionally. I don't want us to lose contact over the winter.

Dee:
I thinks it's about time we start thinking about non-diving activities for the winter! Maybe an afternoon cookout when the weather is cool enough for a bonfire yet sunny. Or even a get together at one of the local restaurants occasionally. I don't want us to lose contact over the winter.

Well Dee, you are certainly welcome to have all the non-diving activities you like. I for one am still looking for people to dive with. :sharks:

I haven't gotten to do much diving this year, due to studying for my PhD Qualifying exams (I passed) and working on my dissertation. Now I have some free time, and the cooler weather bothers me not in the least. I learned to dive in Massachusetts and the coldest conditions down here are still much warmer than the warmest conditions up there. And still there are those up there that dive year round.

Surely there are other divers here who aren't put off by the mildly cool conditions of the so-called Texas "winter". :D

I'm gonna try and make it by about 1:00PM on Saturday...a little earlier if posible. Gotta burn a few hours on the road first. I'll have a mirror in case no one else shows up.

Regards,

just went out today. the viz was only 6 ft. however, it being my first post ow cert dive, was still rewarding.

tuttt:
Well Dee, you are certainly welcome to have all the non-diving activities you like. I for one am still looking for people to dive with. :sharks:

I haven't gotten to do much diving this year, due to studying for my PhD Qualifying exams (I passed) and working on my dissertation. Now I have some free time, and the cooler weather bothers me not in the least. I learned to dive in Massachusetts and the coldest conditions down here are still much warmer than the warmest conditions up there. And still there are those up there that dive year round.

Surely there are other divers here who aren't put off by the mildly cool conditions of the so-called Texas "winter". :D

Well, I guess we won't be seeing you at any of the cook-outs! I didn't say I wasn't diving but believe it or not, some of us like to get together as friends as well as dive buddies. Sorry you'll miss out on that part of the dive community here.

Back
Top Bottom