Twin Lakes Polar Bear diving....who's game???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x:
How was the vis when beast was there last?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Not as good as the week before..aboout 10-12 ft.

Jester, Coldwater and Beast braved the 75º muggy, cloudy weather to work up a sweat as they suited up for the Twin Lakes 2nd Annual Polar Bear Dive.

http://allenhost.com/gallery/album23?page=4 Todays pics start with Beast suiting up. That was really the most interesting photo op of the day!

Donbon came out to visit, he and I are allergic to cold water! haha There was only the 5 of us but we had a great time today.

Dee:
Beast and I will be at the lake about noon. Coldwater and Jester have said they were coming. Who else is gonna brave the elements? haha

I would have loved to be there, but unfortunately I was working today. Not to mention that I was also having a severe bout with sinus (but that usually doesnt bother me).

So how did Beast like his new drysuit?

He loves his new suit! We're waiting for the brown truck to bring him some jumpsuit underwear but so far his sweat and fleece top have kept him more than toasty. One thing that has helped alot is the gaiters, he's got no problems with air in his feet. Come out and dive with him sometime!

Dee:
He loves his new suit! We're waiting for the brown truck to bring him some jumpsuit underwear but so far his sweat and fleece top have kept him more than toasty. One thing that has helped alot is the gaiters, he's got no problems with air in his feet. Come out and dive with him sometime!

I use Military Artic Weather undies from local G.I. Surplus store. They are made out of polypropelene, they are extremely light and very warm. They very much resemble a sweat suit, except shiny on the outside and they work fantastic with my drysuit.

They come as a seperate top and bottom, and the kicker is... they cost $20 each!

I'd love to come back up there and dive. Only problem is I've spent every spare weekend for the last month or so remodeling mom's house. The next free weekend I've got, we are heading back to Florida again and my work schedule is likely to get pretty crazy from that point out.

I might be able to sneak away one weekend in Feb; I'll keep you posted.

Cave Diver:
I use Military Artic Weather undies from local G.I. Surplus store. They are made out of polypropelene, they are extremely light and very warm. They very much resemble a sweat suit, except shiny on the outside and they work fantastic with my drysuit.QUOTE]

Yes...we've tried that already. That works just great for you 'regular' guys. But when you're 6'7", long arms, long legs and size 15 feet, you don't just walkin in anywhere and buy off the shelf!

Hope to see ya soon.

hey Dee

who did the TSDT banner ? because that looks close to the one that _________'s(what is his name, thats pretty bad im normally pretty good with names), wife did for him.

tooth

Scubatooth:
hey Dee

who did the TSDT banner ? because that looks close to the one that _________'s(what is his name, thats pretty bad im normally pretty good with names), wife did for him.

tooth

Catch 22's wife, Debbie, painted it for us. Cool huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom