Twin Lakes is cooling off!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast and I met T.P.H. at the lake for a quick dive. We didn't get there until after 1pm and there weren't many divers there. I guess it's about time to start wearing the .5mm steamer because it took me a few minutes to get used to the water temp, with the cloud cover, first getting in was a shock. We started out for the boat on the south side and continued around for the short tour.

The thermocline is down to 32ft. Why can't it do this all summer?!? And the water temps were reading a constant 78º. Visibility was 15ft most of the time until we got to the NE corner where it's always cloudy.

The 3 of us only did one dive and started for home. Good dive and always a treat to see Steve. I guess the weather will decide if we dive on Wed. If it's as cold as they predict, I know I'll be dry!

Reckon' I shoulda' brought the fish cooker back for warming the SI water! Sure was great seeing Ryan, and Jodi. That boy is growing! And Jodi wants to do her open water soon too.....
We'll see what the weather brings, forcast for home was in the mid 40s in the morning, cut a truckload of fire wood for Dad before I headed back.
Doug still working those long hours?

tony

It's supposed to be great weather all week. If these low nightly temps come true, I may have to break out some rubber! If there's no wind, it's great.

Did you tell Jody that she needed to decide before the water got cold? :wink:

Doug's hours have gotten better but it's sort of a daily thing...never know what tomorrows hours are. Wish you had been at the flea market yesterday. I made a deal on a case for my camera stuff. Greg still has my housing, working on the lens caddy, so I may borrow yours in order to pick and pluck the spaces. I'll bring it Wed. so you can see it.

Back
Top Bottom