twin 104s with compressed neo drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone diving this combination? I'm finally going to try out my new drysuit next week and trying to figure out if I'm going to need to schlep any lead along. I'm think not but can't be sure.

Suit is Bare XCD2 "tech dry", tanks are double PST 104s with SS BP. Underwear is one-piece 100wt polartec. Water is salt.

Thanks,

Tom

You might want to take an alu. backplate just in case your way overweight.....I don't think you'll need lead.....

WreckWriter,

How do you like that suit fit wise? Did you purchase it custom fit or straight off the rack? Does it fit more like a bag like the Trilams or is it form fitting like a true neo? Reason I'm asking is because I have been thinking about a neo suit just for the fact their so much easier to swim (my opinon from trying both). I own a Whites Aqua Pro Trilam custom fit now but the other day while my suit was in for seals I dove with a 7mm wetsuit for the first time in like 3 years and I felt way less drag even know I did get cold. On the surface I couldnt move very well due to the bulk (had trouble getting my harness on) but once I was below 30ft it was great. I was thinking of purchasing the Brooks C-4 from brooksdivegear.com so any help would be appreciated.

In case some people dont know.
Neo drysuits are heavy can be bulky and dont dry fast. On the other hand thier more streamlined and easier to swim under water which to me is more important.

Oh one other thing I dont like about my suit but it doesnt have to do with just Trilams is the vulcanized boots which tend not to crush fast enough compared to the rest of the suit. I tend to like to stay crushed at depth for better trim and better swim. Thinking of having Brooks put thier less exspensive neo boot with tennis shoe on my new suit.

It fits well. I'm lucky enough to be a rack size so no problems there except the boots are a tad big. The suit is very heavy (weight wise) which kinda surprized me. My only previous drysuit was a Harvey's Aqua Capsule (regular 1/4" neoprene) and this one weighs at least twice what the Harvey's did.

My only complaint about this suit is that the stock pockets are completely useless. If one were to order a custom suit I would highly recommend asking for no pockets and putting on your own.

Tom

Your saying your new suit is heavier then your previous neo drysuit which was 7mm?

scubanarc once bubbled...
Your saying your new suit is heavier then your previous neo drysuit which was 7mm?

Considerably. New suit is compressed, old was not. Old suit was circa 1994 or so.

Tom

bengiddins once bubbled...
And........ that would be the suit now on eBay??? What are you replacing it with? :)

Yep, I've determined that in my coldest water, I'm going to be too hot in it. I'm replacing it with a trilam. If I ever move north I'll get another neoprene.

Tom

I am diving a CF 200 with LP 95s and used a SS BP - Found I was heavy, I would try the AL plate first - and then see if you need the extra weight. Are you using a canister light?

Eric

How do crushed neoprene drysuits compare with trilams in terms of buoyancy, assuming sufficient garments for say 55F water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom