Twilight dive on Wednesday: 12-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachlover

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys, I'll be doing a twilight dive this Wednesday at Vets. I plan on being there at 4:45-5:00 and in the water by 5:30.If anyone is interested in joining me,come on down. Jamie

I'm not going to be able to make this one, Jamie. But if you're interested in doing a night dive on Thursday, I may be able to make that....on one condition: it needs to be a fairly shallow site! I'll be diving wet....and we went wet on Saturday (73 minutes, max depth 36 feet, water temp 57) and by the end, I was shivering and sucking down air like there was no tomorrow! Ever since I started diving dry, I've transformed into an even bigger wussy! :wink:

I'm not going to be able to make this one, Jamie. But if you're interested in doing a night dive on Thursday, I may be able to make that....on one condition: it needs to be a fairly shallow site! I'll be diving wet....and we went wet on Saturday (73 minutes, max depth 36 feet, water temp 57) and by the end, I was shivering and sucking down air like there was no tomorrow! Ever since I started diving dry, I've transformed into an even bigger wussy! :wink:

Hey Nicole, due to the rain that we've had and the expected rain tonight, I'm not going to make the Wednesday dive. I also have prior plans to meet some friends at the range on Thursday.Looks like our weather will be shutting down my diving until this weekend. If you and Stephen plan on doing any diving this weekend, let me know and maybe I can meet up with you two. Thanks! Jamie

Jamie, what's your rule for diving after the rain? I've been doing the 3 day deal since I started surfing back in 96 but doesn't mean that it's right.

Billy

What's up Billy! I've hit the water as early as the day after it quits raining.That is not to say that I always do this. I have spent my whole life swimming,surfing,diving here in our local waters and have never gotten sick (to my knowledge) because I went in the water right after a rainstorm.However, if the water is littered with trash and looks/smells funky, I not going in.

I have a similar "diving after the rain" rule....if there's junk in the water or it just doesn't look good, I'll pass. But if I wanna make a dive and it looks like it'll be decent, I'll make the dive and clean/rinse really well afterwards. We made a White Point dive a day or two after the rain last time around and came out just fine.

I'm sure we'll dive sometime this weekend, but don't have plans nailed down as of yet. I'll let you know what the plans are if/when we make some. If anyone else is interested, let me know and we can plan something. I can dive Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday....and would definitely like to make it out!

Back
Top Bottom