Tuwanek day trip this Sunday October 10 - open invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob1967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey gang, I just found out that Marty (askdjasd) has never seen an octo or wolf eel! Incredible!

So we are planning a day trip to Tuwanek to pop his wolf eel / octo cherry! :eyebrow:

So all you people looking for a dive buddy, etc., or any of the rest of the gang that we often go out with, here is your chance to join in! :D

The first 3 times I went to Tuwanek, I couldn't find the wolf eels, but I did see a couple of octos. The last time I was there, I saw 3 wolf eels! :blinking: No guarantees, but I'm optimistic I will be able to find at least one or two of them again!

So this Sunday, Oct. 10, we can meet on the 9:25 am boat to Langdale, back around dinner time. Two spectacular dives. Bring a lunch.

If you are interested, reply here or send me a message!

and good times on the ferry guranteed or you're more than welcome to jump off the rail.

If rob finds us an octo vs a wolf eel having a fight with spears, he promised to buy the beer after the dive.

and it looks like it's going to be a fantastic day of diving, sechelt calls for 5-10mm of rain.

Wow, that is incredible!

askdjasd, I am sorry to say but you must be diving with the wrong people to not have seen an octo locally :wink: A wolf eel I can appreciate though we do have them.

Edit: oops I forgot about the octo hunters that lurk here.

Or just dive with me, I have been called the octo king :)

Have fun at Tuwanek, you should see both. I am working that day.

Last edited:
boourns Mike... would be a pleasure to dive with you again!
I will totally harass you for a dive soon!

Hey guys, I'm in. If I can manage to get a dive in tomorrow night then the Tuwanek dives will be number 99 and 100 :)

Speaking of tomorrow (Thursday) is anybody interested?

Hey Dustin, it's awesome that you are in! You are my Tuwanek-wolf eel lucky charm! Do you think we can find those two wolf eel dens again? I have a pretty good mental image of where they are on the reef, but if you are there, it should make it a lot easier to find them! :)

We have GOT to pop Marty's wolf eel cherry! It's been too long! ;-)

I would love to go but my mother in-law is coming for dinner!::depressed:

To find the wolf eels on the right side, swim to the outside of the little Island and you'll see a dead tree leaning to the West. Decend right there and it points directly at the den at about sixty feet. Let me know if you want me to PM you some octo den locations. Rumour has it octo hunters lurk here. Tuwanek 002.jpg

Don't forget the "100th dive" rule, Dustin. Look it up. :D

Hey guys, I'm in. If I can manage to get a dive in tomorrow night then the Tuwanek dives will be number 99 and 100 :)

Speaking of tomorrow (Thursday) is anybody interested?

Back
Top Bottom