Tuwanek day trip this Sunday October 10 - open invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel, I'd forgotten that. Ahh nitrox class... where I demonstrated my Einstein like math skills :( If I remember correctly you had the formulas plugged into a PDA (cheater).
I gave away the PDA sometime ago, but I kept the formulas file. Now it lives in my Blackberry. Les took off some points in one of my answers in the test because I used formulas instead of the EAD table. I told him that if it were a real dive plan I wouldn't use those tables because I wouldn't want to be penalised by the rounding down you're forced to do when you use the table. He said that was exactly what he wanted to illustrate by making us do it through tables. To me it then seemed like we were in a circular argument. Besides the test instructions didn't explicitly call for table usage. Good thing PADI has a 100% pass rate (or near 100):).

Also, if one starts diving areas like Pavillion lake (going up again this Saturday) you will start looking at EAN to reduce your DCS risk.
I probably should have posted this earlier: Ocean Quest is hosting Donnie Reid on a free presentation about Pavilion Lake tonight at 6:30pm. You can sign up here: Free Presentation - Pavilion Lake Research Project By Donnie Reid | Events | Ocean Quest Dive Centre - Scuba Diving Vancouver, BC - Experts in Scuba Training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom