?Tusavisualator mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone happen to use this mask or know anything about it? I've personally never had a "tri-view" mask and am thinking about ordering this one...does it work, i.e., better peripheral vision?

Greets,
I am not sure that the visualator is a three panel mask. Having said that, you will hear many put them down as "orange shovels", behemoths, etc. While many do have a larger volume than other masks, many of the newer models are specifically designed to have an interior volume much more in line with standard two panel masks. I cannot speak to the visualator, but I can give you my experiences with my 4 panel mask.

I currently have the ScubaPro ClearVu2, which is a 4 panel mask, and I like it very much. It does indeed give me a wider field of view than a standard two panel mask, and the volume is between the Mares X-Vision and the Mares Demon, based on my measurements. The side panels do not distort the view, as far as I can tell. I have just purchased the newest 4 panel mask from ScubaPro, the ClearVu4, which now has more teardropped lenses, to increase the view downward. I have yet to dive with it. I tested my mask against the Mares X-Vision line and the Demon, and mine had a better fit for my face, and a wider field of view.

You could call and talk with the guys as ScubaToys, and I am sure they would be happy to give you their impressions of the visualator.

Good Luck!

Gary

You might also want a clear skirt. Being clear, it lets light it, which will give you the illusion of a wider view.

I have it and like it. It isn't a tri-view mask. As for peripheral vision, it does seem to offer more than the Cressi Big Eyes I used before. The mask is easy to clear. I'd recommend trying it on before purchase though (as with any mask) it may or may not fit your face.

I have one and like it. You'll get a super-wide view from it. But watch out for quick head turns, you may sling it off or flood it if you turn your head really quickly.

Low volume masks are great, but the closer the glass is to your eyes, the more distortion you get in your peripheral vision.

I have it and love it. I can see everything around me and it lets in tons of light.

Back
Top Bottom