TUSA Zensee Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bring a spray bottle with water mixed with Baby Shampoo
Yeah, but with no prep to remove the silicone residue from a new mask it will fog up instantly if the anti-fog wears off... generally speaking. Good that it lasts when treated though I suppose...

I got a Tusa Paragon (not the S one) and a Tusa Zensee.

The Tusa paragon was a perfect fit for my face and the silicon was so soft, didn’t leak at all during the last dive.

I got a Zensee too, the fit seems good but the silicon is not as soft. Will report when I have dived with it.

So... Used the zensee pro for a week in the bahamas.

Pros: very nice view/profile, really like the lens and uv coating. The anti fog sticker worked really well (I pretreated with normal methods, then applied and used normal defog).

Cons: the anti fog sticker was a pain in the ass to install without bubbles (for me at least). After a lot of diving the nose pocket really started to pinch/hurt. Didn't think I have a big nose but maybe I do.

Overall, I really like it... Great frameless view and super clear lens. Just not sure about the nose... Time will tell I guess.

How did you prep the inside of the mask? I haven't prepped mine yet... I'm assuming the UV coating is on the outside so it should be ok to scrub the inside with normal methods? Hard to get a clear answer on the new masks that have treated lenses.
I just finished my 4th dive with mine. First one had fogging issues with toothpaste scrub and defogger gel.

After that I scrubbed the outside and burned the inside of the lens and it worked beautifully for the last 3 dives.

I absolutely love this mask. It’s very comfortable, has outstanding clarity, and the field of view is fantastic. Definitely recommend those looking for a new mask and have the ability to test fit one add the Zensee to their list.

For the question about Asians having a TUSA preference: TUSA is a prominent Japanese company. TUSA and Apollo are really common throughout asia, and Asian family members are likely buying based off availability, brand recognition, and reputation for high quality. It’s a well earned reputation for both companies, their gear is great.

I just bought one ... No real world experience yet! Wondering about the mask prep with the uv and antifog coating... Probably not a good idea to use toothpaste. Guessing I'll try the light rubbing off baby shampoo method...

Ps- I think I have a mask buying problem lol. Keep buying expensive masks to find one that fits best with my facial hair. Currently driving a scubapro d-mask. Very low profile... Mostly doesn't leak except for my nose 👃👃. 🤣
I have Paragon s and even though vision in it is amazing (and it doesn't fog) the fit is stiff and it leaks - I'm actually thinking about getting zensee pro

So... Used the zensee pro for a week in the bahamas.

Pros: very nice view/profile, really like the lens and uv coating. The anti fog sticker worked really well (I pretreated with normal methods, then applied and used normal defog).

Cons: the anti fog sticker was a pain in the ass to install without bubbles (for me at least). After a lot of diving the nose pocket really started to pinch/hurt. Didn't think I have a big nose but maybe I do.

Overall, I really like it... Great frameless view and super clear lens. Just not sure about the nose... Time will tell I guess.
I wonder if the nose fit is just a general issue with tusa masks - I have Paragon s and have the same issue.

I wonder if the nose fit is just a general issue with tusa masks - I have Paragon s and have the same issue.
Could be. I will say I've now put a lot of dives on this mask and I do very much like it. The wide angle single lens frameless style is really nice to me. Only when I have really been diving a long time does the nose bother me much. All in all, fantastic mask. It never fogs after I got the film installed right and the uv lens is fantastic.

I have the non S version and love it but I have a small nose.

My wife just got the Tusa Ino Pro, which fits beautifully. We installed the anti fog film and use defog before each dive and it has never had ANY issues with fogging. Works brilliantly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom