Tusa Xpert or Oceanic V12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hamsiss

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi I'm a new member both to the scubaboard and scuba diving :)

I've used mares quattros several times but i head real good things about the splits.
Can anybody please help me to decide whether Tusa or the Oceanic is better (just these two because in Turkey i can't buy any other except Scubapros which are so expensive) ?

Thanx everyone

Also I must add that I have a problem with one of my legs so I'm lokking for comfort and durability is very important for me

Are you able to try on the 2 models that you listed? You really need to try them on so you can decide which ones are the most comfortable. I just bought a pair of Tusa splits and they seem built well,but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet..come on Saturday!!! I have used a pair of Sherwood split fins and even though they may not be as good as the others,they were still much easier on the legs than my paddle fins. Good Luck !!

Try them both if you can. I really liked the Open Heel Tusa's. The closed heel version seemed to be of a much cheaper quality.

I found the open heel ones to be really comfortable and they have quite a wide foot pocket which is great. Previously I had the ScubaPro Twin Speeds which I really liked but found the foot pocket really narrow to a point where they hurt my feet in the 7mm booties I needed. (I guess I do have wide feet.)

Moved to warmer waters and am currently I'm using the ScubaPro TwinSpeed closed heel which are also really comfy. Done about 300 dives in them and they're 100%. Don't think I'll need new ones anytime soon. Would definately be using the Tusa fins if I need to go back to open heel fins.

I know nothing about the Oceanic fins.

Def try them out first....and if you can....in a current. I have a pair of Tusa Zooms and as I have said many times about them....there aint no zoom in them at all. And yes, I know and understand the modified kick pattern required.

I recommend Mares Avanti Quattros and strengthen your leg.

I don't think dealers let me try but I'll ask. Many of you like Tusas (as I also prefer choosing them because they really seem cool :wink: ) but Oceanics are longer and softer they seem to be more comfortable and would give same efficiency of Tusa I'm really confused.
And problem isn't strength, it's rheumatism :(

I have tried both of those split fins, the Tusa Xpert Zooms and the Oceanic V12 Vortex, and I think both of them are very good fins. I would have bought the Zooms because I like the efficiency of splits in general but prefer the Zooms stiffer feel, but I ended up buying the Vortex fins for the simple factor of size. I have really big feet, and the softer and slightly wider foot pocket of the Vortex allows me to wear them with my drysuit boots, whereas I could not fit the ds boots into the Zooms. Unless foot size is an issue for you I think you'll be happy with either one.

hamsiss....I am hitting 57in a few days....know where you are coming from.

Richinnc, my English is not great, can you please explain what you've meant? If I hurt you I'm sorry and you might have disunderstood me.

Thanks again to everyone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom