TUSA TR-400 & ScubaPro MK10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shuky

Registered
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the TUSA TR-400 and the MK10 are exactly the same, made by the same manufacturer.
Is that true?

If so, can MK10 parts be used to service the TUSA?
Since there is no service point in Israel for TUSA (the importer was closed few years ago), this is the only solution I have.

Does anyone knows the TUSA TR-400 ? Is it any good? (I got it for free from a friend that is no longer diving).

The Tusa TR-400 appears to be (as many BP 1sts are) a copy of the SP MK5, not the Mk10. The big difference is that the Mk10 has the ambient chamber built into the body, while on the MK5 it's a separate part. There are many 1sts which are copies of the Mk5 but very few, if any, Mk10 copies.

As to part interchangeability, hard to say for sure. Many of the Mk5 clones interchange with the SP version, but on some you will find minor differences. Since a rebuild kit for a Mk5 clone consists of a bunch of O-rings and an HP seat, it's pretty easy to compare the parts and find out for yourself.

Performance of Mk5 clones varies according to how well they are made. Most of them are good to very good performers, though you run into some which just never seem to work as well as a the real thing, and it can be hard to figure out why.

SP designs regulators but Tabata actually manufacturers them for SP. Tabata also then sells licensed copties through TUSA (Tabata USA) once the exclusive rights expire with only minor cosmetic differences.

One thing I noticed in the TUSA service manual was cross referenced part numbers with the regulator's SP counterpart. You can't get any more identical than that.

Thanks for the replies.

From reading around and looking at the pictures of the MK5 and MK10, it seems the TR-400 is more an MK10.
I guess DA Aquamaster can solve this question, since he has the Tusa manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom