TUSA RS-860. Why cheap online? Service part availability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walkonmars

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had much experience with TUSA regulators and servicing them?
I'm looking for a couple back-up regulators to use as stage or pony bottle regs (light and compact). On Eee-bay, there are a few people selling the RS-860 for as low as $120 but typically $150 or so. Did they suddenly closeout lots of these or there were some safety issues? That is awful cheap for a new reg. Also, i'm looking at servicing my own regs and wonder about availability of parts. These are balanced piston designs. I usually service diaphram types and buy the service kits. For piston designs, am I just buying generic seats (teflon?) and packs of viton O-rings? I could not find a service kit online for the TUSA piston regulators.
Another regulator I considered was the Aeris AT400 but cannot find a service manual or bulletin online anywhere. Are Aeris regs just re-branded copies of another brand?

Last edited:
looks discontinued on the tusa website. servicing will depend on if it will take a generic seat or a subgear/scubapro seat. tusa is not that popular and i rarely see their parts kits pop up.

aeris is a discontinued brand from AUP. a lot of their stuff was sold both under aeris and oceanic.

Thanks, I ended up ordering an Aeris AT400 to try out. I'll use Oceanic service manuals and parts for re-builds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom