TUSA Imprex Pro Cubic BCJ-5950 vs BCJ-5900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abitton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question that my GF asked me to post here:

If anyone has experience with either of these BC's, we're wondering what the differences are (5900 is 2004 model, 5950 is 2005 model).

The big question is: the 5950 has been B/O since May, and may be available in August or September. Is it worth waiting or should we spring for the 5900?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Yes, the difference is the weight system. The 5900 uses velcro only... the 5950 uses a clip type system. Check out the attached photo. The bottom of the ocean is littered with lost velcro weight bags... the new system is far superior. I also believe I've got most sizes of the 5950 in stock, for some reason, I never updated our page, so I'm not showing them there... I'm not at the shop yet, but just checked on the webcam, and I can see at least a half a dozen sitting on the wall. They are easy to pick out from the 5900 because they have an orange clip at the weight pull area instead of the all black velcro pocket.

i did not like my tusa imprex... personly was to bulky of a bcd for my needs... nighthalk, balance, and freedom are all simuler bcd i have tryed and like each one better... ps the valcro weight pocket is horible...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom