Regulator Technician Training - Summer 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How generic is this class? Is it specific to certain brands or will a successful student be able to work on most of what is on the market?

How generic is this class? Is it specific to certain brands or will a successful student be able to work on most of what is on the market?

Pleasant drive up the coast from LB to Napa, visit some friends, sleep at local Air Farce Base, and attend in person. Is this possible?

I do appreciate all the interest!
Seminars continue, and our August group (Seminar #6) was active and enthusiastic! September is full, and I already have enough names for the next Seminar. But I'll keep going, except that I need to take a break (directions from the boss). Between preparing the twenty or more regulators that we look at, and individually responding to each of you as you buy tools and set up your workshops, and packaging and mailing out swag bags literally worldwide, this is a pretty all-consuming process, even with @Couv 's help. My wife says "time out". I'm amazed at the dedication of our International divers sitting through a Seminar in the middle of the night.
After the September Seminar, I expect to start up again in the spring, and I'll hold two seminars in succession, since the next is already full.
So keep those names coming to NapaScuba@gmail.com , and I'll ping you when I have dates.
Alas, but my shop doesn't have enough room to serve as a classroom, too. That is the way I'm accustomed to teaching, but I have to admit, having folks bring any and all regulators to the party has greatly expanded the experience over working on a uniform set of prepared regs. So Zoom will continue for now.
To answer @Cthippo , the class is theory-heavy and exposes you to every type of regulator design except for double hoses. We learn the similarities and differences, and I'm liberal with both criticism and praise for the various designs. You will indeed finish with enough info to service almost every brand out there, though teaching decades of tricks in one grueling weekend is just not possible. I'm regularly reminded by the questions that participants ask, just how much data overload there is. But you take home the slides, and you can record your session, and I remain available for any and all questions afterward. So it seems to work out.
I'll let my attendees chime in with their thoughts on this.
Our format has steadily improved, and I often meet by Zoom with several attendees for one-on-one sessions regarding specific issues after the Seminar.

Yeah, we'll keep trucking, but there needs to be a five-month break for marital damage control.
Drop me an email, and I'll ping you...

@rsingler it seems I can't PM you to get the date due to I have less than 5 public post.. can you PM me instead?
thanks you. Love your talk on the MK19.

The September seminar has just wrapped up, apart from a couple of one-on-one's to discuss FFM service and environmentally sealing an Atomic. Another fantastic group of participants! We even touched on the Kraken Double Hose.
This was a tough crowd. We went late every day and ended up spending 22 hours on-line over two and a half days together! Lots of great questions. But I had to do this one without @Couv ! The bastard was off in Bonaire. Shows where his priorities were!

Here's current status - there are 20+ folks currently on the "ping" list for the next two seminars. Probably spring 2023.

That said, life gets in the way for some of you, and there has ended up being an open slot or two in several of the last seven seminars. Since I'm not in this for the money, I'm not going to overbook like the airlines. But given the prep it takes, it'll be nice if folks can commit when we next announce.

In the meantime, if you want help choosing tools or getting a copy of Reg Savvy, I'm happy to help! It's complicated. And this thread maybe puts a dollar figure on your plan to become a reg tech.
Regulator Service Tech Training - Tool Splitoff

See y'all in the spring!
Send your interest to NapaScuba@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom