Regulator Technician Training - Summer 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have chosen dates for the summer sessions of Regulator Technician Training.
The dates are Aug 12 (pm), Aug 13, Aug 14 and
Sept 16 (pm), Sept 17, Sept 18.

The August seminar is full, but I have yet to hear back from 3 folks, so there may be an opening or two.
The September seminar has 3 openings, and two more possibles. As always, past participants are welcome to audit the seminar to review theory and ask questions (and to see the improvements over the last five seminars :)).

For those that are seeing this thread for the first time, this is an unrestricted Zoom seminar containing ~20 hours of hands on training and didactic instruction on regulator function and repair. It covers both diaphragm and piston regs, sealed and unsealed, balanced and unbalanced. I demonstrate, we discuss, you disassemble and service, and we work together by laptop camera to cover the bumps in the road. We spend lots of time on theory so that you become a "thinking service tech" as opposed to a generic "parts changer" typical of some of the LDS' that folks have complained about in the past.

The seminar cost is $300, which includes a "swag bag" with odd, hard to find small tools, regulator-specific o-rings, and a USB drive with hundreds of service manuals.
I have copies of Regulator Savvy available for sale at a few dollars savings over Scubatools.com to study up in advance.

For a longer discussion than you want to read, see:

I might listen in for a refresher.

As those who have attended know, I don't plan to make (or sell) recordings of the sessions. It's bad enough not being able to teach in person with hands on like I'm used to. A recording without all the interactions we had over the two days would be one step further away from effective training, and approaches "dangerous" in my mind. There are YouTube videos out there for folks that want to change parts.

But past attendees are welcome to audit for free, and if you choose to record your screen, that is your right.

Rob,

For people relatively inexperienced, it is like drinking from a fire hose.

A lot of water winds up on the floor.

My own intent is to use the video recording as preparation of focused deep 6 regulator service training with Landon.

@rsingler, sign me up for one of those September slots if any are still available! I have a milk crate of questionable regulators that are perfect practice fodder!

I have chosen dates for the summer sessions of Regulator Technician Training.
The dates are Aug 12 (pm), Aug 13, Aug 14 and
Sept 16 (pm), Sept 17, Sept 18.

The August seminar is full, but I have yet to hear back from 3 folks, so there may be an opening or two.
The September seminar has 3 openings, and two more possibles. As always, past participants are welcome to audit the seminar to review theory and ask questions (and to see the improvements over the last five seminars :)).

For those that are seeing this thread for the first time, this is an unrestricted Zoom seminar containing ~20 hours of hands on training and didactic instruction on regulator function and repair. It covers both diaphragm and piston regs, sealed and unsealed, balanced and unbalanced. I demonstrate, we discuss, you disassemble and service, and we work together by laptop camera to cover the bumps in the road. We spend lots of time on theory so that you become a "thinking service tech" as opposed to a generic "parts changer" typical of some of the LDS' that folks have complained about in the past.

The seminar cost is $300, which includes a "swag bag" with odd, hard to find small tools, regulator-specific o-rings, and a USB drive with hundreds of service manuals.
I have copies of Regulator Savvy available for sale at a few dollars savings over Scubatools.com to study up in advance.

For a longer discussion than you want to read, see:
Signed me up Rob for auditing. Thanks

If you have any more openings, I will take a slot in either session.

There is one spot left in August and two spots left in September. Email me at napascuba@gmail.com.

Cheers!

The last September slot just filled. There is one August slot remaining. August 12 eve, all day Aug 13, 14.
Thanks to everyone for their interest! These should be fun seminars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom