Tusa Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex6

Reaction score
Hey Iam thinking about getting this computer. And I just wanted too know your guys experince with it. And is it easy to use.

http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/weba...6&cgrfnbr=957&parentCategory=954&sort=prsdesc

Tusa Imprex II Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-400)

Click for large image
Product Price:
$ 144.95 USD

This product is:
In stock

Quantity:

back to list

Item Includes
Computer, Wrist Straps

Description
Sophisticated dive computer right on your wrist, making vital information always on hand

Features
Arrows: Decompression stop at the ceiling depth, Ascent recommended, Must descend
Ascent rate indicator
Current time display, Surface interval/No flying time, No-decompression time, Ceiling depth/Total ascent time
Temperature, Dive counter, Maximum depth during diving, Day of the month
Multifunctional bar graph: Mode indicator, Battery power indicator, Reverse no-decompression time
Present depth, maximum depth at the surface, Fast ascent warning SLOW, Average depth in the logbook
Personal adjustment/High altitude mode
Low battery warning
logbook logs 9 dives
Time and date
Battery-power indicator display
Ascent time and reverse no-decompression time during decompression dive

This is an old computer, have had one for at least 4 yrs. It is a Sunnto Favor, if I remember right.
Good if you never plan on Nitrox. I still use mine occasionally.

I believe all tusa computers are made by suunto. They are good quality. At least it gives you a deco ceiling instaed of locking you out. It has all the basics you would need but for a little extra I would get a nitrox version. Mares and OMS have nitrox computers that run about $230 at L.P.

It's old technology.

And Tusa's new computers don't get any better. They are being touted as new, exciting and all. They were in another manufacturer's line about 7 or 8 years ago and they dropped them for better computers.

There are equally easy to use computers on the market using better technology these days by several manufacturers.

I own the M1 and it is easy to read. It adds nitrox capability plus the ability to program different functions with out the aid of a pc. You can set altitude,Nitrox in 1% incriments, it time and date stamps your dives, logs 40 hours of dives ay 20 second intervals and it is downloadable to a pc.

I picked up one of these second hand for my daughter to use. It does what it's supposed to - tracks NDL, gives ascent information, dive time, SI, temp etc - all the basic info.

I knew it was a rebadged Sunnto Favor when I was researching it, which made it more attractive.

Neither of us like the funky contact buttons - sometimes you have to lick your fingers to get them to work.

Future Nitrox useage wasn't an issue as I figured by the time she ever does her Nitrox cert, there will be something better on the market anyway. So I'll buy the new computer, and let her have my Vyper as a hand me down. :D

Marc

Back
Top Bottom