Turneffe Island Lodge- Worth It????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on what you mean by worth it. Truly remote "luxury" gilligan's island. Perhaps the best diving in the Carribean on one of only three true atolls in the western hemisphere. You may well not see another dive group while you are there. Certainly no night clubs or hard partying, so if that's what you are looking for, I suppose its not the right place. Again, just depends on what you are looking for. The Belize Atolls are amazing, I've been to Glovers, Turneffe and Lighthouse.

Loved it. We had the best time ever.

If you're into hard diving (4 to 6 a day) this is not the place for you. They do 2 dives a day. Two amazing dives, but only two. Turneffe is about kicking back.

I don't kickback well. My wife does. We had an excellent time.

The dive of my life was Halfmoon Cay wall. Its too bad we couldn't dive that twice and blow off the overrated blue hole.

---
Ken

Loved it. We had the best time ever.

If you're into hard diving (4 to 6 a day) this is not the place for you. They do 2 dives a day. Two amazing dives, but only two. Turneffe is about kicking back.

Ken

I was going to go there in 04 with my daughter but as you said, they only guaranteed 2 dives a day. Gasoline is expensive here but the dive sites aren't far from the resort. I don't understand why they do that. I guess if you come here from the US, kicking back sounds like a nice option, but if I'm going to pay all that money to go there, which is only about 25 miles from my house, I want to dive my a$$ off, especially since the diving is so good there.

We stayed at TIL March 07. We did three dives a day, except the day before our trip to the Blue Hole and the last day before we left. So we did a total of 16 dives. If you like a remote, relaxing dive trip, short boat rides, great diving, excellent homemade meals, and good service - TIL is well worth it. You can also search by "Turneffe Island Lodge" - I posted something right after our trip on the board.

I hear Little Cayman has spectacular diving, but haven't been yet. We're already booked for Conch Club, LC in March 08.

Either way, you probably can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom