Turneffe Flats Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to TIL 4 times now. My family and I tend to go to a new place and then back to TIL every other year because (so far) we've not found a better dive trip. TIL is set up for ~24 guests, usually 12 flats fishing (bonefish, permit, etc.) and 12 divers. The majority of the dives are within 15 minutes of the lodge on Turneffe atoll but they take one day trip to dive the Great Blue Hole and Lighthouse Reef. The food is fantastic (be alert for weight gain -- and I don't mean on your belt). The accommodations are clean but rustic except for the 3 new condos they put up. The diving is great (3 tanks/day) and you don't touch your gear after the first set-up. Nitrox is available The last time I was there (last february) they had just built a pool -- why they needed one with the ocean 50' away I don't know.

All in a favorite site. Feel free to e-mail with any questions.

Hi,

I'm looking for a relaxing dive vacation with large fish/animals. Does Turneffe Island have big stuff? Also, what time of year do you think is best? Have you always stayed at the lodge, or tried other accommodations?

Thanks,
Leslie
LRassner@aol.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom