Turn pressures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is...?
I think Dan is alluding to the several agencies that include comprehensive gas planning (Rock Bottom, usable gas etc) in their basic OW courses other than PADI OW.

I've guided wall dives on the "Turn when the first diver hits 1/2 tank" plan. We plan to go along the wall at say 25-30 metres and at the turn angle up to say 12-16m, then angle up again to the 5m safety stop and keep moving towards the entry/exit during the safety stop. That will get all back to the entry point with a decent reserve. Or if not we'll have a bit of surface swim along the wall.

Works well when the wall goes all the way up to the surface. You get to see different life in each direction.

I would not do this plan along a flat bottom or where I had to surface very close to where I descended, or when as is often the case here in BC the top 15m are poor visibility due to algae.

Back
Top Bottom