Turn of events for Proud Mom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
First thank you for all the great support my dive friends on this board. I have some sad news though on my son's entrance to the Air Force. He has been in Atlanta at their MEP's center all week, it seems that the recruiter has messed up his orders somehow. He is entering with a waiver due to some legal issues and she neglected to get the final papers signed off on from above. I don't have all the details as of yet, my husband is on his way to Atlanta to pick him up and will also learn more from the recruiter. What he did tell me was it will be six months from now before he can actually go to basic. I know my son is very disappointed and I hope this won't discourage him to not enlist at all. Keep up your prayers and good thoughts as I really think we need them now. He was so excited and ready to go now, I just want him to be doing the right thing at the right time.

I will post if there is something good to report on his progress.

Seaangel -
Hang in there and tell your son to hang in there as well. Things have a way of working out the way they are supposed to. You and your family will be in my prayers.

~lildiver aka glenda

Seaangel,

Sometimes the bureaucracy gets wound up in its own tape. It can be unwound occasionally by calling your local Congressman/woman: they have an uncanny way of unwinding tape! And, in light of the current situation and the need to call up Reserves to fill positions, you might get a very friendly ear. The Recruiter probably cannot help due to a problem that is outside her province.

Joewr

I hope your son can maintain his desire to enlist. You may suggest that he just look upon this as a training exercise because he will have the opportunity to be subjected to military screw-ups for at least four years.

I wouldn't trade the experience of my tour in the Air Force for anything. Well, maybe with the exception of the little junkets to Viet Nam.

I wish your son well.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom