Turks & Caicos Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottkl

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Quick question for every one. I just got a job and will be spending a little over 2 weeks on the Turks and Caicos Island. I am looking at getting some diving in on my days off which will be about 5-6 day but not in a row. Any Suggestions on tour ops or Dive shops that may point me in the right direction and rent me a tank? I plan on bringing my BC, Reg's/computer, Fins and Mask. Also Any suggestion on anything else to bring or not to bring? Please let me know PM or on here.

Thanks,

Scott

Scottkl:
Quick question for every one. I just got a job and will be spending a little over 2 weeks on the Turks and Caicos Island. I am looking at getting some diving in on my days off which will be about 5-6 day but not in a row. Any Suggestions on tour ops or Dive shops that may point me in the right direction and rent me a tank? I plan on bringing my BC, Reg's/computer, Fins and Mask. Also Any suggestion on anything else to bring or not to bring? Please let me know PM or on here.

Thanks,

Scott
Definitely try to get to west caicos. The north end was nice also. I thought grace bay was kind of boring. I think provo-turtle divers is still there(i dove with them in about '96 or '97 and they were a good operation. if you are contacting anyone see if they have a boat in the marina on the west side of the island(easier to get to west caicos). Pm me if you want dive site suggestions I'll look back in my log book.

wscdive:
Definitely try to get to west caicos. The north end was nice also. I thought grace bay was kind of boring. I think provo-turtle divers is still there(i dove with them in about '96 or '97 and they were a good operation. if you are contacting anyone see if they have a boat in the marina on the west side of the island(easier to get to west caicos). Pm me if you want dive site suggestions I'll look back in my log book.
I dove TCI July 26 - August 3, '04. Dove the entire trip with Provo Turtle Divers; Great dive operation with 42' Newton Dive Special boat. (www.provoturtledivers.com). Don't mean to "spam" you; here's what I encountered.
Dive Sites included 95% Wall dives with incredible coral formations; Water Temp 86 degrees; used 3mm full wetsuit.
Rock Garden Interlope (West Caicos) - 100' viz. Reef Sharks, Roughtail Stingray, Baracuda, Hawksbill Turtles.
Brandywine (West Caicos) - 100' viz. Snapper, Diamond Blennies, Several Cleaning Stations, Pistol Shrimp, Nurse Sharks.
Magic Mushroom (West Caicos) - 90' viz. Green eel, Fairy Basslets, Reef Sharks, Blue Chromis, Yellow Jacks, Blue Tang.
Black Coral Forest (Northwest Point/Provo) 90' viz. Whip coral shrimp, Arrow Blennies, Secretary Blennies, Yellow Headed Jawfish, Reef Sharks, Sand Diver.
The Crack (Northwest Point/Provo) 90' viz. Reef Sharks, Zebra Grouper, Spotted Lobster, Red-banded Lobster, Roughtail Stingray, Whip Coral Shrimp, Black Durgeon, Queen Triggerfish.
Two Step Wall (Northwest Point/Provo) 90' viz. Spinny Lobster, Garden Eel, Stop-light Parrot Fish.
Amphitheatre (Northwest Point/Provo) 100' viz. Amazing dive along the wall. Reef Sharks, Pistol Shrimp, Baracuda.
Eel Gardens (Northwest Point/Provo) 90' viz. Burr Fish, Peacock Flounder, Hawksbill Turtle, Octopus, Reef Shark, Red Banded Lobster.
The Anchor (West Caicos) 100' viz. Stanley the Reef Shark hung out with us for 45 minutes. (August 2004 Scuba Diving Magazine Page 20). Channel Cleaning Crab, Squirrel Fish, Yellow Tail Jacks, Parrot Fish, Atlantic Grouper.
Yankee Town (West Caicos) 100 viz. Grouper, Drum fish, Jacks, Chromis Angelfish.

Sorry for being long-winded, but TCI ranks up there within the top 3 dive locations for me.

Redseal1TX

I can second the reccommendation for Caicos Adventures. Best dive op on the island IMHO. You make it sound like you are planning a shore dive. You should note that most of the diving worth doing is an hour boat ride from Provodenciales. There is not much to see in Grace Bay which is the only real shor diving. The exception to that might be the diving off the Northwest Point and Malcolm Roads areas. The wall there is only 1/4 mile from shore. Good luck!

Scottkl:

Thanks,

Scott

If your plans call for a visit to Grand Turk (seat of government in TCI) there is excellent land-based diving from 3 or 4 quality operators. The wall is only a few hundred feet off the beach and, IMO, the diving is the equivalent of West Caicos and much better than Grace Bay.

I third the vote for CA. I dove with them last week of July and
they are great. (Thanks again Tim). Use the search function and you can read
my dive report. Happy Diving!

Thanks for remembering me. Next time take me with you!

Scottkl:

Thanks,

Scott

All of these recommendations crack me up as noboby knows exactly where you are going.

There is no "the Turks and Caicos Island," but rather a group islands called the Turks & Caicos. You are likely going to Providenciales as it is by far the most developed & developing; however, Grand Turk, South Cacios, Salt Cay & North Caicos all have meaningful populations and offer diving.

Which one are you going to?

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hi Doc,

Yea I was not sure exactly were I was going to be going untill yesterday. We are going to be on Grand Turk the full time.

Scott

DocVikingo:
All of these recommendations crack me up as noboby knows exactly where you are going.

There is no "the Turks and Caicos Island," but rather a group islands called the Turks & Caicos. You are likely going to Providenciales as it is by far the most developed & developing; however, Grand Turk, South Cacios, Salt Cay & North Caicos all have meaningful populations and offer diving.

Which one are you going to?

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom