Turks & Caicos: Diving and Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are looking to head to TCI next Christmas, and we are wondering where to stay and dive. My brother and I dive, our parents don't but are going for relaxation. Grand Turk or Provo? We don't care much about nightlife or shopping... more into a lot of diving, pool/beach time, and a few bars. We are used to Roatan... but may need a bit more upscale for the parents. Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like you would be best off on Provo with the parents. I loved Grand Turk when I lived there briefly, and I love Roatan, but neither one is the least bit "upscale."

Second that emotion. Provo is very upscale. What is you budget?

Of course we would love to stay at one of the huge resorts, but we know it's out of our budget, especially during the holiday time. We currently have reservations for Sibonne Hotel, and from what we are reading, it seems to fit our needs: clean, small, and right on the beach. We can walk to the other bigger/nicer properties for apps and drinks if we want but not waste our money on accommodations! We will dive with someone from around there too... any suggestions would help!

Windycitydiver,

Check you PM.

I believe that Caicos Adventures, Dive Provo and Provo Turtle Divers all pick up at the resorts/hotels. I have dove with all of them and frankly have returned to Caicos Adventures again and again based upon the dive platform. Their big cat provides the smoothest ride and most comfortable platform. Note that you will be on the boat for 45 mins. to an hour one way to get to the best diving at West Caicos and French Cay. Fifi runs a very personable op and has a good crew. You will like Sibonne. It has a lot to offer and is budget minded. The location is the biggest perk. Go to the IGA the first day and stock up on snacks and food to save even more money. There is no more bus shuttle service offered so you will have to cab it if you don't have a rental. That can get expensive and you may want to consider a rental car for a day or two. I believe Avis and/or Hertz have locations at the airport. There are a couple bars within walking/biking distance of Sibonne. Have fun. Its a great island for vegetating. I leave for a week on 4/12!

Thanks Guys! We booked the Sibonne and are waiting for Spirit's dates to open up for Dec. hoping to get a cheaper flight than the other airlines...Already counting down the months.

Remember to erase the cookies on your computer before you try to see if airline prices went down. Just last night my sister was booking a trip to the Galapogos, and she checked the price. She emailed her friend about the price and went back to book it ... the cost went up by $100!! She called me, and I went onto my computer, and the price was $100 less, back to her original quote. There was some news story about the airlines doing this a while back. I think it's horrible that they do that!!!

Great tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom