Turks and Caicos Islands Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVP

Reaction score
Normal, IL USA (yes, that is a real city)
I posted this over in General Scuba Discussions, but didn't get any responses, so I will try again in the proper spot.

Has anyone dove with Caicos Adventures using a long hose and bungied backup reg configuration? I don't see why it would be an issue, but there are some local "experts" that claim that most dive ops will not allow this setup.

Any additional hints/tips/advice would be greatly recommended. My fiance and I are going there for our honeymoon in November.

Thanks!

Rob

I noticed this question on the Basic Scuba discussion board also. I don't have the answer but you could email them. We are going the end of october-beginning of november, and I made all my reservations through them. I have emailed them a couple of times and they usually respond within a day or two.

divucrzy@tciway.tc

If you do email them, could you post the answer? I don't have this set up now, but I have thought about going to it and would be curious as to why a dive operation would not let you use it.

I have been diving with Caicos Adventures for five years staright now and have never seen anyone use the setup. I can't think of any reason why Fifi would not let you use it. Where are you staying? If it is your honeymoon make sure you eat one night at Coco Bistro. Very romantic. Very nice.

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
I have been diving with Caicos Adventures for five years staright now and have never seen anyone use the setup. I can't think of any reason why Fifi would not let you use it. Where are you staying? If it is your honeymoon make sure you eat one night at Coco Bistro. Very romantic. Very nice.

We are staying at Beaches on Provo. It is for our honeymoon, so we will definitely check out Coco Bistro.

I emailed CA about this before and didn't get a response, so that is why I posted out here. I plan on emailing them again today and ask again.

Thanks for the info!

No problem. We have been travelling to the TCI every year and sometimes twice a year for almost ten years now. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I posted your question on another message board and 2 people said it was not a problem. One of them had just gotten back from diving with them.

My wife just booked us for Thanksgiving at the Osprey Beach hotel with the diving thru Ocean Frontiers.

Normally we do Cayman Brac or GCayman's East end so this is our first TCI trip.

What advice can you offer about either/both of her selection?

We did the Brac in January. It was okay but its kind of a bummer that the best diving is at Little Cayman which is 45 minutes away. There wasn't really any beach to speak of in front of the house we rented either. I would definitely do Little Cayman over Brac next time. On the other hand we have done Providenciales for many years and the only down side I have ever found is that the diving is a 45 minute boat ride. Hopefully Grand Turk in January, 2004 will cure that "problem". From what I hear you can't go wrong with any of the dive ops on GT and the diving is only a 10-15 minute skiff ride away. Combine that with a beautiful beach right outside your door and I'm thinking its going to be awesome! We booked a condo at Aqua House.

Back
Top Bottom