Turks and Caicos Explorer II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll love the boat and the crew. Boat has 110, we were able to plug in chargers, etc.

You don't need your own analyzer. I brought mine because I'm a geek like that and I hate waiting for anyone else. However, you've got plenty of time between dives to check & log your tanks.

Don't bring any extra shoes, you won't wear shoes on the boat. Pack light. If possible pack in small collapsible bags. Less wasted space that way!

Tell them in advance if you have any kind of dietary requirements. They were awesome with regards to food allergies, etc.

Pay attention to the briefings. They're informative and awesome!

Enjoy the hang rope ride!!
Thanks! But I have to ask, what's the hang rope ride?

Thanks all for the replies :) I searched the forums and found only reviews for that boat from 2013 etc.
This is not my first LOB (ok, I'm hardly an expert, this is my 3rd.... :( ). But my first outside of egypt, and my first where I'm only doing 1 week LoB with no land-based time (Plane - Boat - Plane)
Major + is I don't have to pack shoes... or nice dinner pants etc, I have 0 days at the hotel, all on the boat. So I can easily see this all fitting into 1 suitcase :p

Great to see all of your input. I willl definitely pack a power-strip. But a 110 powerstrip, not my super heavy adapter bar with converters and power surge protectors...
and thanks @diversteve for the hints on the sites, duly noted.
@Hoag , I wonder if Timbits should be in checked luggage or carryon?

Thanks again all, awesome input!

Unless they've changed captains since our trip (entirely possible) he's a Texan

A hang rope is dropped in the water behind the boat to both give you something to grab as it goes by and sometimes by groups to assemble b4 they submerge. They didn't use one on our trip so we just grabbed one of the ladders.

Thought of one more thing, when they do the drift dives everybody gets off the boat at once. So they use the side exits as well. If you haven't done it b4 then, it's a pretty good drop.

3 of our pax were Canadian, IIRC from the Toronto area. They must've flown in earlier since we picked them up at their hotel.

If you can get to Provo by mid/late afternoon there will be no problem. The crew member is easy to spot at the airport, it's small and he's wearing dress whites with a clipboard. There could be an Aggressor crew member there also. You'll likely see the Aggressor several times during the week also - once I started to swim towards it u/w b4 I realized it. They do roughly the same itinerary since it covers many of the better dives. Notice you're on the taller boat...lol. It's because all their cabins are below deck.

Going back isn't a problem,they want you off the boat so they can clean it so they take you back to the airport sometime after 8am. Stakeout a table in the resturant and wait - assuming like us you have an early afternoon flight - around 10am the security lines suddenly got long, possibly Beaches guests leaving.

The hanging rope is a bit like a trapeze. If you're lucky you'll feel like one of the flying Wallendas.

They had us put out shoes in a box when we got to the boat and we got them back when we returned to port.

Same here, but they happily gave mine back after they saw my blood on the deck. :dork2: My topsiders worked well...no more slipping. :) Most everyone else ran around happily all week barefoot. Like I said, go with what makes you comfy...

Also, not sure if anyone else mentioned this, keep an eye on your NDLs. The tops of the walls start a bit deeper than other popular Caribbean locales. The average depth on the typical "wall dive plan" runs enough deeper to "surprise" folks if not paying attention. Safe diving & have fun. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Around 3:05 in this video there's a shot of the hang rope in use

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom