Turks and Caicos conditions THIS weekend (9/3-9/8)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's looking ugly for the Bahamas and the TCIs as of today through the end of the week. :(

I just got back!!! weather was amazing. I think we saw 5 drops of rain and I am still ocnvinces that atleast one of them came from a guy sneezing on the beach!

top side the weather was perfect. water wasn't bad either. 89 deg. visibility was somewhat disapointing though. down around 40-45 feet it dropped drastically. didn't see any of the "big" fish either. no sharks nuttin.

overall it was amazing though. one lesson learned it I will not dive with an AI that includes the diving. we stayed at beaches resort. they made us do a check out dive in a pool...not to bad...but then they limited your bottom time to a strick 30 minutes and 60'!!! I can see why, most of the divers there only get one dive a year and it showed! the "ironic" thing is in the check out dives the two chicks with AOW certs had to redo all of their skills b/c they were so bad at them. I am only OW but have been diving since '99. I just haven't felt the need to pay someone to show that I can dive from a boat, or a to 120'. but that's just me.

I will post some pics and report shortly, still trying to catch up at work

Let me guess: Beaches?

Thats what makes me such a good guesser!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom