Tunnels Closed by Gustav

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FYI

The entire underground tunnel network here in Paris will be closed until this pesky fellow named "Gustav " passes through.

However .... we do expect conditions to, if not permit, at least make available some awesome and very rapid drift dives through the South Church St. sections as the storm stalls out near the area and the bottom falls out of the clouds.

Seriously though... all BS aside, we have lots of LA. folks here in Paris getting out of harms way ... 750 were here by this morning in shelters and more continue to show up.

All of our best hopes , dreams and prayers to you folks down in South Texas & LA.

The rest of you ... be sure your car windows are rolled up !! :wink:

If they flood, can we dive them? :D

You'll need to log at least a few dives with one of the local Tunnel DIMWIT's in the Downtown Sector first.

All the best prayers and wishes for friends and extended family down that way.

One stayed home, the rest fled the area.

I new I should have gotten that DIMWIT c-card, I missed out again!

Frank,
Thank you for the Paris update.
Q: Can I come shelter in your house?

Yesterday driving home from Terrell to Dallas on 80, more than half the cars were from LA--looked like a caravan.

Timeliner--Diving the tunnels could earn us all a historical specialty badge--I'm in as I haven't taken a class in awhile :)

I remember a few years back when a few of us were lucky enough to be accepted to attended the para-military training style DIMWIT Tunnel Diving course(s).....those were some tough, no fooling around classes.....some of the hardest scuba training we have gone through. This is not for the faint at heart or DIR minded group.....this is real serious stuff.

Hey! I am insulted by that DIR comment!

Oh! Wait! No I am not. Sorry. False Alarm. Ha! Ha!

Laugh everyone! That's funny! I don't care who you are!

You'll need to log at least a few dives with one of the local Tunnel DIMWIT's in the Downtown Sector first.

Sounds like another DIMWIT C-card in the making :eyebrow:

--------------------------------------------

Best of wishes to all those getting hammered down there.

Ugh.... I was in Gulf Shores, AL all last week until Sunday morning... I've never seen so much traffic in my life as people were trying to flee the coast. Even saw a couple of future darwin award recipients as they came to a complete halt in the middle of I-65 while traffic was swirving and zooming by trying to miss them. It's not even like their car broke down. The passenger just wanted to switch cars... so they came to a complete stop on the highway, got out of their car and ran to a different car.... I was amazed that they didn't create a few hundred car pile up or even get hit for that matter... I'm sure a few people wanted to help darwin out a bit... Beyond that I had to trek up to I-40 through Memphis to go home instead of taking I-20 into Dallas and 287 on home... It was only a 5 hour detour bringing my total drive time to 21 hours... (1200 miles)... I-20 was a mad house.. bumper to bumper traffic as far as the eye could see... it was nuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom