Tumbler for steels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a 1:4 simple green to water ratio - I've heard of some using a lot stronger concentrations though - it does take a lot of rinsing.

roakey:
Depending on which component you're talking about, many folks use skateboard trucks & wheels for cheap, reliable and quiet idlers.

Roak

That's what I was thinking about using for the idlers, but I have a 3/4" pipe on a 12" pulley for the drive roller. I'm using the motor off a scavanged air compressor(not scuba capable).

I use about a cup of simple green per tank- alum, steel, whatever it takes. I'm not sure what that dilution ratio is, but there is plenty of media in there, so that helps keep it strong. The water doesn't come out with standing foam like shaving cream, and I haven't blown up yet.

Hmm I guess I might just end up rolling my tanks around my living room......My girlfriend is really going to kill me now LOL.

Next question then:
What is some good media and where can I find it?
Crushed cinders, where can I get that?

I got mine at the garden supply - don't know if that's recommended, but they were clean and worked well -

crushed lava cinders - it came in a 20lb bag for about $8 I think

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom