Tuesday Photo -- Starfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Dee must have been out of ideas so here are a couple of starfish from Monterey:

sunstar.jpg

starfish,%20gobi.jpg

Thanks Scuberd....I've just been busy this morning. Starfish are great subject. I've got some Brittle Stars...

abk.sized.jpg

add.sized.jpg

aaq.jpg

Reefwreck....I love that one! Do you mind if I save it and add it to my screensaver?

Here's a crown of thorns with its stomach extruded (I interrupted its meal of elegant coral) from the Sea of Cortez

Dr. Bill

Dee, I'd be honoured ! It would please me to know I could repay you in at least some small way for all the kind help you've provided me on this and other boards.

I really like the textures in this shot, but unfortunately they don't come out as well on the compressed, posted version.
Cheers.

Here is a sun star in apparent distress with a spiny star on top...

P5190053.JPG

So, I pulled the top one off and sure enough the one underneath is being eaten.

P5190054.JPG

I can't think of too many things with less food value than a starfish, but apparently they don't seem to mind!

Gerry

On the other hand, this spiny seastar does not seem to want to touch the wall anemones.

P5170062adj.JPG

Gerry

Back
Top Bottom