Tucson Diver new to Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tristaur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all, My name is Justin. I am a relatively new diver from Tucson loking for dive buddies and friends alike. I like to dive and consider the water to be my home. Have felt this way since i was 6 growing up in San Diego. First a little history about my diving then a little history about me.

As I said, I am relatively new to diving. Officially, I have 10 logged dives in the open water area and close to 100 pool dives. Not very impressive I know but work has caused me to dive that way. This year is going to be a great year. I should easily push myself over 60+ logged dives. I have taken specialty courses in Stress and Rescue, O2 administration, limited viz/night dives, nitrox, boat diver, computer diver, and as I am an EMT, i also have the CPR/First Aid. I plan on adding a few more specialties to this list and am hoping to be able to work towards going pro by the end of the year.

In my non diver life, I am a single father with 2 kids. They are my little fishies as they love to swim as well. At the age of 31, I am old enough and mature enough to hang with the older crowd and be able to carry good conversation and still young enough to party with the younger group. I drive part time for walmart transportation and i am an EMT in Tucson. I get along with everyone and I am looking to expand my diving network.

Feel free to drop me a line, I dont bite......much!!!
:D

Hi, Justin! Welcome to 'our' neighborhood! :hugs:

Have you found Desert Divers on the corner of Country Club and Fort Lowell? Those guys are great!!!

Most people do the six hour diver to San Carlos, Guaymas, Mexico. Don't forget to buy Mexican insurance for your vehicle! San Carlos is an awesome place to relax, dive, and just have fun.

I said 'our', because I am about 80 miles SE of Tucson, in Sierra Vista. Hope I'll see you in San Carlos some time!

I'm at about the same level as you. I have 10 or 11 dives I think, hopefully will get a lot this year. I'll be in San Carlos at the end of this month, Himalaya Bay middle of next month and San Diego for some wreck diving in June. I'd like to try and dive a bit in the lakes as well once it warms up a bit more.

Hey Jax, yeah i know about Desert Divers. Been with them and PlanetScuba ( the year they been open)off and on for years.

The lakes are great. Alittle cloudy somedays but get warm and are great training places. I go off and on every few weekends and i plan on going alot more this summer. Big diving event May 19 at Lake Pleasant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom