Tubbataha queenanne liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haebich72

New
Reaction score
Dived with this cheap operator to Tubbataha in May 2007. The atolls have good coral and worthwhile diving from what we saw, however be wary about the true cost of saving pennies. Our operator refused to move to different sites, making us dive the same site 5 times+ and we weren't given any option to go the northern end of the north atoll. Standard of the boat and food were average, the hospitality of the owner awful. Others recommended Moonshadow, given my time again I would have taken a more expensive boat.

That's a bummer, we went on the "Oceanic Explorer" last May and I thought it was an excellent trip, from the food, the ship and all the crew, I would do it again!

haebich72:
Dived with this cheap operator to Tubbataha in May 2007. The atolls have good coral and worthwhile diving from what we saw, however be wary about the true cost of saving pennies. Our operator refused to move to different sites, making us dive the same site 5 times+ and we weren't given any option to go the northern end of the north atoll. Standard of the boat and food were average, the hospitality of the owner awful. Others recommended Moonshadow, given my time again I would have taken a more expensive boat.
Thanks for the heads up, that really sucks. Something to be said about, what you pay is what you get..

Just came back from Tubbataha on the Eco Explorer (largest liveaboard I've ever been on). Absolutely the best Wall Diving in terms of Reef Health, Coral and Marine Life variety I've seen so far in my travels. Better, and less expensive than going to Palau IMO. . .

Kevrumbo:
Just came back from Tubbataha on the Eco Explorer (largest liveaboard I've ever been on). Absolutely the best Wall Diving in terms of Reef Health, Coral and Marine Life variety I've seen so far in my travels. Better, and less expensive than going to Palau IMO. . .
really?

thats a good comparison for me as i know Palau well, i guess Tubba has gone higher in my to do list, i was always thinking it was over rated...

Mike Veitch:
really?

thats a good comparison for me as i know Palau well, i guess Tubba has gone higher in my to do list, i was always thinking it was over rated...

:idhitit:

I'd say that Tubbataha is probably what Big Drop-off in Palau looked like twenty years ago. Only Blue Corner has a greater concentration of Reef Sharks.

Saw Mantas & Eagle Rays just about every other dive; huge Yellowfin Tuna that made me hungry just looking at them :wink: ; large swirling schools of Jacks, Trevallys, Barracuda, Snappers & Coral Groupers; Hawksbill Turtles; a "minefield" of nasty nesting Titan Triggerfish; school after colorful school of anthias & butterfly fish; and a cornucopia of the healthiest & widest variety of hard/soft corals I've seen. (Another group earlier spotted a Whale Shark) --Truly impressive and a best kept secret (so far!) of Philippines' Scuba Diving. . .

well, best kept secret in a way that not everybody can afford to go there because its freaking expensive!

i don't really know why i did :idhitit: , mike. lol.

It's well worth it . . .not many places I've been to where my all my dives in the logbook said, "Visibility unlimited to 45 meters and deeper, water temp. 29deg C with excellent crystal-clear clarity. . ." (For me, it's now Palau which IMO is way overrated. . .)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom