TSDT Memorial Weekend Final Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some friends of ours were told that under no circumstances would RV's be allowed in the diving section, no matter what size it was, and that included pop-ups. The ranger will make you move them into the approved area if there's room, if they see one in the wrong spot! Beast decided not to even pull our trailor that carries the camp stuff just in case.

Parking is really going to be a hassle, especially those close to the facilities.

We spent the morning and noon today (Thursday) diving Lake Travis and just wanted to let everyone know that the water temperature (73 @35ft) is very comfortable with a 3mm wetsuit. I get cold easily and even below 30 i didn't feel the thermocline yet. The lake level is low and visibility was poor again though there weren't algae chunks floating this time. The big catfish are out en masse. It looks to be an absolutely gorgeous weekend though windy. We stopped in at the Mansfield Park on the way home to make sure we knew where we have to go to meet everyone. We asked about prices and it is $5 per carload for a full day IF you are not camping.

We don't know if we can make it to see ya'll on Friday/tomorrow but we'll definitely be there Saturday and SUnday. It will be fun to dive a different part of Lake Travis. =] We're looking forward to this weekend!

Looking forward to meeting you Mightydiver.Too bad you won`t be there Friday...I guess I`ll have to give your portion of shrimp away.:wink:

It looks like we won't make it. I know this is late notice, but I didn't know for sure until last night. Bill is out of town working for two days, and I have tendonitis so bad in my elbow that I'm afraid to use it carrying anything or getting gear ready. I'm still recovering from my Windjammer Cruise anyway; knees are terrible. This d@$#*d Fibromyalgia is a real pain. (pun intended)

I hope you all have a great time.

Originally posted by T.P.H.
Looking forward to meeting you Mightydiver.Too bad you won`t be there Friday...I guess I`ll have to give your portion of shrimp away.:wink:

Just received a schedule update and it looks as if MightyScuba and I will be able to drive over to meet ya'll Friday afternoon. =] But you can give my portion of shrimp away anyway since I'm sadly allergic. So sad!

See ya'll later!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom