TSDT Memorial Weekend Final Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Food/Kitchen: As mentioned in the other threads, there will be a community kitchen going. Contributions to the pantry and menu are greatly apprecaited. Even more apprecaited would be volunteers to help in the kitchen. Check with Beast or Dee on what you can do to help.

Let me say something here about this 'community kitchen'

Beast and I will have our kitchen table set up with a 2-burner Coleman stove and ice chest. This is by no means big enough to handle all that will be there! By community kitchen, I think what Mike means is there no reason we can't all cook and eat together, especially some of you single divers who will bring food but don't necessarily want to cook. We can combine some meals. For example, Brenda is bringing brisket, so some of us can pick up a tub of potato salad and maybe some baked beans. We'll be cooking steaks Sat. night. Anyone is more than welcome to throw a steak on the pit and a spud in the ashes while the fire is hot. We can put all sandwich lunch makings on the table and someone will make you a sandwich!

What I'm trying to say is I don't want anyone to think there's going to be a kitchen set up where you just stroll in and eat! Most of us will be diving, not cooking, so we want to make mealtimes as easy on everyone as possible! If you can help with the general clean-up, want to bring extra paper towels, coleman propane fuel, paper plates, plactic utensils, etc. I'm sure they will be needed and appreciated.

I`ve got the same kinda rig too Dee and can cook a mean breakfast so I don`t mind teaming up with ya on the cooking chores if need be.
I hope no one actually thought that there would be a TSDT IHop! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dee

Wetsuit? You won't need no steekin' wetsuit! According to the Lake Travis graph At 30 ft. it's still 70º. It doesn't hit 60º until close to 50ft. So unless you plan to dive deeper than that, you'll be fine! :D

I've got a diveskin. Do you really think that will be enough for me? I guess I don't have to go deeper than 30 feet. What is everyone else going to be wearing, a wetsuit or diveskin?

Ken

5 or 7 mill, here.

Then again, I had no problem with a 5mill at Blue Lagoon friday before last. 80 at the surface, 75 at depth :)

Jeff

I be wearing my drysuit....nice and comfy!

Ill be in between.
a 3mm for 30ft and up (73degrees)
and for short excursions below that Ill add a 3 mil shorty and hood.
(56 - 65degs. below 30ft dependant on depth)

Think I should bring my big gas grill? Shouldnt be to tough todo.

Dave

Hi All

I already have a bunch of paper plates (good ones), forks and Spoons. This can be for the kitchen. I also bought a bunch of
propane bottles so I can donate some of those too. I'll bring
the Bake beans (a bunch) as I am going to the store tonight.
I also have a coleman stove that I'll be bringing along. I'll
also grab what ever else I see that would be good for a group
of people.

I'll see you all tomorrow bright and early. I am excited and look
forward to a wonderful weekend. Everyone drive careful and
see you tomorrow.

Originally posted by davidofaustin
Think I should bring my big gas grill? Shouldnt be to tough todo.
If it's not a huge imposition, it would be nice to have it there. Especially when the suppertime cookoff starts (when everyone is grilling their own cow/bird/fish).

BTW; when will you be coming by the site?

Called the park to verify that our space is indeed available, and that there will be no problems. Lana says all is good to go. I had a friend that was asking about RV parking at the various campgrounds, so I asked -

They tell me they do NOT will not be allowing RV parking!!!

(Parking availabilities or some other such nonsense.)

Do I need to call back and find out WHERE they do allow RVs?

Dave

There has been lots of confusion about RV's....

But they may have some confusion on just what size of RV. I think at least one popup is coming, and a smaller "bus" RV.

You might explain that several folks that "are already on their way and connot be reached by cell phone" have small (aka MTV Road Rules Winnie's) RV's. And find out where they can be in relation to our site.

Another question is parking for regular vehicles. Got our feeling our bunch is gonna flood out what parking there is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom